Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2005 11:49:26 AM EDT
Been thinking about scoping my M1A to see how accurate it really is. I have a SA scope mount (not going to use it permanently, but it came with the rifle! I'll buy a Smith) that I was going to use to put on a 3x9 (again, just temp, not going to use it permanently) on the rifle. At a gunshow today, I found a new(?) 16x42 milldot scope with a 30mm tube. The brand wasn't marked on it, and the dealer thought it was a Mesopa(???). Does that sound right? I think I've seen that name before. Anyway the scope looks just like the SS pics in the SWFA catalog. Tactical turrets, rear parralax adjust., everything.  Is SS marked on their scopes? Anyone have any idea what kind this was? Dealer thought it was new, and he offered it to me for $175. And NO, I didn't buy it. Didn't know anything about Mesopa(???), but now that I see pics of the SS, I wonder if I screwed up. Only good thing is, he'll be here in 3 weeks at the local show, so I might still have a chance if anyone thinks this is a good deal. Thanks. Greg
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 6:03:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Sir, just put a 2.5-10 IOR on my M1A and cannot say enough great things about it.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 6:48:52 PM EDT
[#2]
the rear parralax SS scope from swfa is $300 bucks.  I have two of them  so far i have been pleased  I have one on my fp-le2.  and one on my m1a  

smith mount and rings

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:09:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Cruze5: Is your SS marked with "Super Sniper"? The scope I looked at looks identical to the pictures of yours. I figured it was a knockoff though, if it didn't have the manuf. name on it. If I would have thought it was a SS, I would have bought it without a second thought. But the dealer thought it was a Meropa, Mesopa, or some such name brand, and I wanted to do some research on the net for that brand. But can't seem to find any thing when I google it. Thanks. Greg
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 4:00:57 AM EDT
[#4]
It has no markings on the scope.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:43:13 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Sir, just put a 2.5-10 IOR on my M1A and cannot say enough great things about it.  

I bought one a few days ago, but I am away now and won't be able mount it for another 4 months or so.

If you have any pictures could you post them?

What rings and mount did you use to attach it to your rifle, I will be trying to get it as low as possible.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top