Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2002 11:09:03 AM EDT
I have an early "pre-ban" Bushmaster M17S. I understand that Bushmaster will provide "upgrades" to the rifle for $100 (plus shipping).After placing a post in the "Bushmaster Industry Forum", I now have a better understanding of what the upgrades are.

My question:
Has anyone here had the "upgrades" performed on their M17S rifles, and, if so, do you think they are worth having done? I'm torn between getting them, and keeping the rifle original.

Thanks

Link Posted: 1/22/2002 3:21:17 PM EDT
[#1]
If it keeps your gun from blowing up I'd do it. Type in M-17, or bullpup on the search page, a few months ago somebody had a pre-ban blow a wad on the. I think it was in the BM industry forum.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 5:55:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I have read all the threads, and while that M17 did have a catastrophic event, it may have been an ammo issue.(Heck, I've seen pictures of blown -up AR15s as well). If it was a safety issue in design, Bushmaster would have to have a full recall due to liability a standpoint. Apparently, the "upgrades" are niceties and not a "must have". I'm just wondering from other M17 owner perspectives if the $100 for the upgraded niceties are worth it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top