Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2023 8:14:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: benny6]
LW sent me a test barrel. It's the first US made LW barrel to come out of their US facility. As far as I know, this is the first time the public will have heard of ICR rifling, boasting faster velocities compared to other offerings. I compared it to conventional 4-groove rifling and a Satern 5R barrel.

Enjoy the video!

Tony.
Link Posted: 8/21/2023 12:04:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Fantastic video as always, Tony. I very much appreciate you going through the effort of production, as well as the in-depth explanation.

Is there anything more you can tell us about the ICR rifling?
Link Posted: 8/21/2023 6:25:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By lew:
Fantastic video as always, Tony. I very much appreciate you going through the effort of production, as well as the in-depth explanation.

Is there anything more you can tell us about the ICR rifling?
View Quote

They haven't told me anything about the rifling with the exception of the name they've given for the rifling itself. They wouldn't even tell me the twist rate. I did borescope the barrel and I will say that this rifling will take longer to foul than conventional rifling.

And it has four lands.

Tony.
Link Posted: 8/21/2023 5:54:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Great video!
Link Posted: 8/21/2023 6:13:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By benny6:

They haven't told me anything about the rifling with the exception of the name they've given for the rifling itself. They wouldn't even tell me the twist rate. I did borescope the barrel and I will say that this rifling will take longer to foul than conventional rifling.

And it has four lands.

Tony.
View Quote

Intriguing. Thanks again, and I'm sure we'll find out eventually.
Link Posted: 8/21/2023 7:04:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I know what 5R and polygonal rifling are.  What can anyone tell me about Lothar Walther's ICR rifling?
Link Posted: 8/21/2023 8:47:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Like I said in my original post, to the best of my knowledge, this is the first time the term "ICR Rifling" has been used outside of official LW internal communications.

I don't know if I'm the first person outside of LW to test this, but they told me that the bolt action rifles that have been tested exhibited increased velocities and that accuracy would improve the charge weight would increase.

I was told that this is the first gas gun barrel to be produced and tested with this rifling.

Tony.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 6:31:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Will you please ask them to produce Garand barrels with this rifling?
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 9:55:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Sure thing!
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:01:46 PM EDT
[#9]
One would presume they're spinning up to produce this, so interested to see the outcome.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 8:05:10 PM EDT
[#10]
ICR…Improved Conventional Rifling?
Top Top