Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2006 8:15:17 AM EST
Has anyone seen any of the old black tipped AP ammo around lately? I know it used to be pretty easy to find but I haven't seen it in a while.

Also, where is a good place to buy ammo already loaded into the clips. I was given a can of the Korean surplus but IIRC folks were saying that this stuff is junk and shouldn't be used.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 8:28:03 AM EST
[Last Edit: 4/19/2006 8:29:17 AM EST by mr_wilson]
CHeck this thread for "clipped" ammo: www.odcmp.org/new_forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16685, seems the CMP Greek stuff is pretty popular.....

As to the AP, haven't seen any of that in quite some time, (although I have plenty stocked from a decade ago....)

Mike
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 8:36:44 AM EST

Originally Posted By sandboxmedic:

Also, where is a good place to buy ammo already loaded into the clips. I was given a can of the Korean surplus but IIRC folks were saying that this stuff is junk and shouldn't be used.

Thanks

If the Korean is KA headstamped, it has corrosive primers. I prefer not to use corrosive ammo in a Garand, but many folks do (with prompt and proper cleaning).
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 8:39:34 AM EST
thanks for the link- the Greek stuff sounds like the way to go.

Can I buy directly from CMP or do I have to join the Garand Collectors Assos. (or one of the other groups) as when buying a rifle?
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 9:09:11 AM EST
Top Top