Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2015 9:39:06 PM EDT
I have a California Tavor, with a required 3.875" muzzle brake to make the rifle reach the required 30" overall length. Here's the thing; muzzle brakes are terrible. I shoot mostly indoor (100 yard indoor range), and muzzle brakes are pretty terrible with stall walls on either side of me. It's like a sound hurricane.

IWI's muzzle brake is really cool looking, but I really need a flash hider. So, I found one that is 5.5" long, but that is way longer than I need. Anyone know of a 3.875-4" flash hider? If I can keep the OAL around 30" my covert case options are many. If I can't my case options are limited and not very covert.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:51:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Hacksaw or if high tech, sawzall.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:34:37 PM EDT
[#2]
a XM177 style flash hider that should work for you.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:54:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:05:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Correct me if I am wrong, but I do not believe you can have a flash hider in California...
View Quote

I think it's ok with a bullet button.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:26:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Golf ball launcher?  It's heavy as hell, but long.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:15:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah with a bullet button we can have all features on our rifles, with the exception of a silencer and standard capacity magazines. I'll try the muzzle brake first, because if it isn't too painful to shoot indoors, it has the advantage of looking really cool. If it's too loud I'll just pick up one of the 5.5" flash hiders from Midway.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top