Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2011 9:22:34 AM EDT
Well.. can I? Would save me a chunk of money only having to buy the powder funnel

Anyone know what powder funnel from them I would need?

I think I'm going to get a tool head kit and set it up for .308 neck size, and I'll my little lee single stage for the rare occasion I'd be doing full length sizing. Does this sound like a good idea, or should I only be full length sizing on the Dillon?
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 9:40:33 AM EDT
[#1]
You'll need a few different parts for the casefeed, but it should work.

If nothing else call Dillon and ask, they'll have the answer.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 9:48:11 AM EDT
[#2]
As said, the case feed would need a conversion , but I do both 45 acp & 308,30'06 with the same shell plate .

You will need the 308 or rifle powder funnel. The 45acp funnel expands the case & the rifle funnel doesn't  & the length is different.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 9:58:03 AM EDT
[#3]
yes,  I've done it for 20+ years (damn I'm getting old).  The old dillon booklet used to have a chart page to show many common cartridges and what plate, buttons, and powder funnel was req'd.

Dillon was always good when I called up looking for partial kits to avoid duplication.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 9:59:02 AM EDT
[#4]
yes
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 10:00:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Well that'd be pretty fast way of sizing with neck dies.  Just lube the neck.  

Only thing is I'd throw out the obvious, if it's an semiautomatic rifle use the FL dies.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 10:29:12 AM EDT
[#6]
I use an RL550, so I have the super duper finger case feed that is infinitely adjustable to any cartridge

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I'm using a bolt gun so neck sizing is perfect. I'll probably have to set another tool head up eventually though so I can reload for my FAL
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 11:09:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 11:22:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Here's where you can find the information you need.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11064  

That is awesome, thanks!

Looks like I'll be loading .308 on the Dillon in no time.. just need to remount my single stage so I have a FL sizer when needed.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 12:55:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I use an RL550, so I have the super duper finger case feed that is infinitely adjustable to any cartridge

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I'm using a bolt gun so neck sizing is perfect. I'll probably have to set another tool head up eventually though so I can reload for my FAL

Why not use the same tool head for the bolt gun and the FAL and just back the sizing die up a bit when neck sizing? Back in the "old days", we used standard FL sizing dies for neck sizing. The die doesn't hit the case body until just before bottoming out anyway. If you set the FL die to stop above the shellplate, it won't full length size the body or touch the shoulder.

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 11:17:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Yes. I load .45ACP and .243 Winchester, both use the same shellplate (RL 550B). .243 and .308 are the same size at the rim.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 4:53:08 PM EDT
[#11]
The shellplate, station 1 locator, and buttons (#1) will work with .45acp, .30-06, .308, 8mm, and a slew of other cartridges.
The powder funnel for your .308/30-06 should be (B) It is not the same as the .45's

To reload .308 (assuming you already have everything you need for .45) you would have to buy the following
Powder funnel (B)
A casefeed tube
Feed arm
Everything else will carry over. unless you use the casefeeder. Then you will need a plate for it too.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 5:03:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top