Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM
Armory Sponsor
Previous Page
/ 92
Next Page
9/24/2026 8:30:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Kuraki:
Tisha sounds nice on 12.5"

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/125898/5212-3832268.jpg
View Quote


That's a lot of fun in a small package.

(Leaving wives and their commentary out of this.)
Don't forget about the Trail of Beers Happy Hour!
9/24/2026 8:30:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lew][Edited] [#2]
double tap
Don't forget about the Trail of Beers Happy Hour!
9/25/2026 12:29:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Falcon09:

Nice

What are the details on that bipod and how it attaches to the rail?
View Quote


Its a vz26 machine gun bipod.  I made an mlok stud to mount it with, originally they clamped onto the 26's gas tube.
9/25/2026 2:16:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Seattle206][Edited] [#4]
My L6 build is fully dialed in. Irons and Aimpoint zero'd for 50/200yards, the 18" Daniel Defense S2W CHF CL barrel shoots great BTW . Build now cycles on semi and super safe with weak Tula ammo on the H3 and Spingco Orange spring without a hiccup.



9/25/2026 4:15:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Which Aimpoint and mount is that? It looks right at home on there.
9/25/2026 4:24:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quote History
Originally Posted By marks:
Which Aimpoint and mount is that? It looks right at home on there.
View Quote


Its the PRO and the mount is the AD68 low height from American Defense Manufacturing.
9/25/2026 5:03:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Seattle206:
My L6 build is fully dialed in. Irons and Aimpoint zero'd for 50/200yards, the 18" Daniel Defense S2W CHF CL barrel shoots great BTW . Build now cycles on semi and super safe with weak Tula ammo on the H3 and Spingco Orange spring with a hiccup.

https://i.imgur.com/KactDEx.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/gI1SHAK.jpeg
View Quote


Looks great man!
https://www.limasix.com
9/25/2026 5:16:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Seattle206:


Its the PRO and the mount is the AD68 low height from American Defense Manufacturing.
View Quote

Thank you. I've been struggling with what to top my Lima Six with from the beginning. It currently has that "I'm missing something" look....



9/26/2026 4:47:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RRA_223][Edited] [#9]
Quote History
Originally Posted By RRA_223:
So I am short-stroking on my DIY build.   Probably 60-80 rounds through it with a mix of jams, double feeds, and mostly the bolt just not closing.   Mid-length barrel from KAK "Lima 6" barrel, so I realize the gas port is likely undersized - running a can or not made no difference in performance.  

HOWEVER:
I am using the included black 308 spring, a 5.6 oz buffer and the "spring booster" spacer in an A5 tube, per instructions.

When troubleshooting - I realized the spacer is preventing complete travel of the bolt rearward (the pin on the bolt doesn't come anywhere close to the rear of the receiver).

I removed the spacer and now have full range on the bolt - I need to see if this solves the problem but I'm posting here to see if that's just a quirk, expected or?  

Anyway, next step will be to verify the port size of my KAK barrel, maybe lighten the buffer weight slightly and see what happens.  

Just throwing it out there that the spacer seemed to be counter-productive?
View Quote



Following up on this after L6 test fired and had no issues.   I used the orange wire spring that Harvey graciously included after looking over the Upper - it works.

Same lower, same trigger group, same buffer - it works!   I measured both springs on a home-made spring tester.

The black 308 spring came in at 12 lbs max compression, which is REALLY close to what I get for most standard AR carbine buffer springs on the same tool, which is 11-12lbs.

The orange buffer spring came in at 18lbs.   So the extra spring definitely was what I was missing.   It's such a huge gap (with the black spring being so close to a standard AR carbine spring), I'm going to go with it was a dud.  

Anyway, problem solved.    Now I will tinker with buffer weight to increase the cycle speed... Slightly.  
9/26/2026 10:45:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quote History
Originally Posted By DonkeyPunch451:



Black Oxide coating that is different.

ETA i gave one a go anyway thanks for the heads up!
View Quote


Just got mine in.  It's still nitride finish, I think the black oxide was a typo.  I can't find the blemish on the surface finish, it looks like a factory first to me.
9/27/2026 11:32:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Problem.  Tried to install my 3D printed plug and when I closed the receiver the plug sheared off and just the round part stayed in the hole.  I think it was PETG.  But I have PLA+ to.  Have a spool of CF but haven't installed the hardened hardware to use it.

What did I do wrong and what should I try different when printing?

Thanks
9/27/2026 12:52:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Emt1581:
Problem.  Tried to install my 3D printed plug and when I closed the receiver the plug sheared off and just the round part stayed in the hole.  I think it was PETG.  But I have PLA+ to.  Have a spool of CF but haven't installed the hardened hardware to use it.

What did I do wrong and what should I try different when printing?

Thanks
View Quote


I'm not sure which version you got from us but the earlier ones were FDM printed PCTG and broke very easily. The new ones are SLS Nylon and much stronger. Either way, send us an email and we'll drop one in the mail for you.
https://www.limasix.com
9/27/2026 3:01:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quote History
Originally Posted By RighteousKnights:


Just got mine in.  It's still nitride finish, I think the black oxide was a typo.  I can't find the blemish on the surface finish, it looks like a factory first to me.
View Quote


Mine is nitrided also, but the surface finish is slightly blotchy.  For half price I'm happy with it!
Middleofnowhere, Nebraska
9/27/2026 5:26:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quote History
Originally Posted By FlatlandBusa:


Mine is nitrided also, but the surface finish is slightly blotchy.  For half price I'm happy with it!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By FlatlandBusa:
Originally Posted By RighteousKnights:


Just got mine in.  It's still nitride finish, I think the black oxide was a typo.  I can't find the blemish on the surface finish, it looks like a factory first to me.


Mine is nitrided also, but the surface finish is slightly blotchy.  For half price I'm happy with it!


I’m jealous you guys already got yours! UPS says I won’t even get mine til Tuesday
9/27/2026 8:58:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Put a bunch more rounds through my 12.5 with the Tisha today. So much less back pressure than the other can. Much more pleasant to shoot, no flames from the feed or ejection port.  I think I'm going to rockset the direct thread hub into the can and also on the muzzle and just dedicate it to that gun.

Yesterday 11:40:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quote History
Originally Posted By FlatlandBusa:


Mine is nitrided also, but the surface finish is slightly blotchy.  For half price I'm happy with it!
View Quote




Do you know the profile dimensions of these barrels? Says HBAR but no measurements.
Yesterday 12:30:40 PM EDT
[#17]
mine is stuck in billings or id measure it for you.
Yesterday 12:34:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quote History
Originally Posted By dkozy:




Do you know the profile dimensions of these barrels? Says HBAR but no measurements.
View Quote


They should be nominally .980" behind the gas block.
https://www.limasix.com
Yesterday 1:16:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quote History
Originally Posted By dkozy:




Do you know the profile dimensions of these barrels? Says HBAR but no measurements.
View Quote


Measurements on mine;
.975" in front of the barrel nut
.970" immediately behind the gas block journal
.750" gas block journal
.725" gas journal to muzzle threads
Middleofnowhere, Nebraska
Yesterday 1:24:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quote History
Originally Posted By LimaSix:


They should be nominally .980" behind the gas block.
View Quote



So maybe it woukd work for my RPD? I think the barrel is .980 so was hoping it would a be a nice cheap spare. Especially already cross drilled for the rifle speed. .975-.970 might be a bit thin.
Yesterday 2:17:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DonkeyPunch451][Edited] [#21]
Quote History
Originally Posted By dkozy:



So maybe it woukd work for my RPD? I think the barrel is .980 so was hoping it would a be a nice cheap spare. Especially already cross drilled for the rifle speed. .975-.970 might be a bit thin.
View Quote



Would the gas port be in the right place for that?

ETA mine arrived and it will be a good spare it was worth a hundo IMO
Yesterday 7:03:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quote History
Originally Posted By LimaSix:


I'm not sure which version you got from us but the earlier ones were FDM printed PCTG and broke very easily. The new ones are SLS Nylon and much stronger. Either way, send us an email and we'll drop one in the mail for you.
View Quote


Appreciate the offer.  I actually printed the one on the Odysee file last week.  I'd like to try it again, is there something I should tweak in the specs of the print (temp, layer spacing, etc.)?  Is there another file I should try?

Thanks!
Yesterday 7:42:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LimaSix][Edited] [#23]
Quote History
Originally Posted By dkozy:



So maybe it woukd work for my RPD? I think the barrel is .980 so was hoping it would a be a nice cheap spare. Especially already cross drilled for the rifle speed. .975-.970 might be a bit thin.
View Quote


It would work on the RPD without the heat sinks.
https://www.limasix.com
Yesterday 7:44:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Took mine out today with the Inoculum lower. First time feeding from a box. 12.5" with Griffin Optimus 6 can. I planned on testing the orange spring, but I like the rate of fire.

pew pew stuff
Stolen Firearm: Colt AR15, Serial # SP342380, 16" carbine. Stolen in California by Kevin Ayres, and taken to Missouri.
Yesterday 9:53:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quote History
Originally Posted By HK94dude:
Took mine out today with the Inoculum lower. First time feeding from a box. 12.5" with Griffin Optimus 6 can. I planned on testing the orange spring, but I like the rate of fire.

pew pew stuff
View Quote




Sweet!!!!

Bolt catches start shipping tomorrow by the way.  

Today 11:58:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Quote History
Originally Posted By RighteousKnights:


Just got mine in.  It's still nitride finish, I think the black oxide was a typo.  I can't find the blemish on the surface finish, it looks like a factory first to me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By RighteousKnights:
Originally Posted By DonkeyPunch451:



Black Oxide coating that is different.

ETA i gave one a go anyway thanks for the heads up!


Just got mine in.  It's still nitride finish, I think the black oxide was a typo.  I can't find the blemish on the surface finish, it looks like a factory first to me.


Cody at KAK did confirm and say they are just black oxide coated. Again NBD but I think it might wear out pretty quick for me just being black oxide coated.
Today 12:55:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LimaSix][Edited] [#27]
Heads up: We have a 9 page article in the current issue of RECOIL magazine that hits shelves tomorrow! It's issue number 87

EDIT: This thread is specifically mentioned in the article!
https://www.limasix.com
Today 12:57:20 PM EDT
[#28]
is there anyplace that updates which order numbers are currently shipping or due to ship?
Today 1:02:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Ironhorse6:
is there anyplace that updates which order numbers are currently shipping or due to ship?
View Quote


We are currently shipping mid-July complete uppers and late-June build kits, updates here: https://limasix.com/batch-status-update/
https://www.limasix.com
Today 1:11:27 PM EDT
[#30]
The black 308 spring came in at 12 lbs max compression, which is REALLY close to what I get for most standard AR carbine buffer springs on the same tool, which is 11-12lbs.
View Quote


Hmm...I thought I read somewhere that the black 308 spring was just a standard LR308 carbine spring.

Makes sense that upping the return spring pressure would fix the issue of not going into battery.

It's all part of the fun of making things work.
Today 1:17:49 PM EDT
[#31]
good copy.   thanks.  mine was an august purchase so im just patiently being patient

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

Previous Page
/ 92
Next Page
Armory Sponsor