Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2016 12:43:16 AM EDT
From my understanding Liberty and Gemtech 3 lugs share the same thread pitch and should be interchangeable.
Secondly, Thompson Machine has the same thread pitch but I don't believe they make their own module.

So, between AAC, SiCO, Griffin, and now the entrance of Rugged and Dead Air, who else shares thread pitches? I know everyone is looking for ways to get a shorter, lighter, cheaper module.

We all know manufacturers frown upon swapping parts etc but let's ignore that tidbit for a second
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 12:46:07 AM EDT
[#1]
SilencerCo, Rugged, and Griffin should all be interchangeable.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 1:13:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I use Gemtech 3lug on my YHM Cobra M2 9mm
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 1:29:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I read that the Rugged Obsidian, Silencer Co(Octane, Omega 9K and Hybrid) and Griffin (Revolution and Resistance) should be  nterchangeable.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 4:32:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I can verify that Rugged and Griffin are interchangeable. Had only the Griffin initially, it worked on my Obsidian. Now I have both so they keep to their own cans.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 4:36:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I can verify that Rugged and Griffin are interchangeable. Had only the Griffin initially, it worked on my Obsidian. Now I have both so they keep to their own cans.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed - and I can verify that Griffin works on SilencerCo. I think all three companies will officially tell you that they can't and don't guarantee that their mounts will work on each other's silencers because of slight variances between them (really pistons seem to be the only thing that sometimes have issues), but unofficially everybody does it because the SilencerCo 3-lug is the size of a small house.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 6:28:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Good info
So is the dead air unit a separate thread pitch or might it be the same as the Gemtech/Liberty?
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 9:30:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Has it been confirmed that the ghost is different than the rugged/Silencerco/griffin thread pitch?
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 4:37:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Has it been confirmed that the ghost is different than the rugged/Silencerco/griffin thread pitch?
View Quote

I'll swing by the shop and check in a few hours. 
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 5:16:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Love the Rugged 3-Lug Mount on the Omega 9K...makes it shorter than the TiRant 9s with 3-Lug Mount:

Link Posted: 12/10/2016 6:48:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Dead Air will not fit SilencerCo, Rugged nor Griffin

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 6:50:43 PM EDT
[#11]
SilencerCo, Rugged and Griffin are smaller. 

Link Posted: 12/10/2016 7:29:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Basically hoping to find a cheaper/better alternative to a $149 Gemtech for my TM SG-2
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 8:14:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Dead Air will not fit SilencerCo, Rugged nor Griffin

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/398162/IMG-2275-104644.JPG
View Quote

Ok thanks. I was just curious. I'm buying the Dead Air three lug anyway. It looks like it's really nice.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 1:13:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Love the Rugged 3-Lug Mount on the Omega 9K...makes it shorter than the TiRant 9s with 3-Lug Mount:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j102/richm2004/IMG_6140_DPP_1.jpg
View Quote

Awesome! How do they compare in terms of sound?
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 4:23:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Maybe I just need to email Dead Air about the thread pitch on their 3 lug
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 6:47:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 12:06:07 PM EDT
[#17]
while on the topic of 3 lug modules, is there a difference in brand to what they are rated to? I have a silencerco one enroute what is rated to, 5.7, 9mm, 556, 300 blackout sub or super?
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 8:11:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
while on the topic of 3 lug modules, is there a difference in brand to what they are rated to? I have a silencerco one enroute what is rated to, 5.7, 9mm, 556, 300 blackout sub or super?
View Quote
The module itself isn't forward of the aperture of the mount, so they don't have ratings. The cans have ratings though -- for example the Griffin Optimus on a 3-lug is rated for 300blk supersonic down to 9.5" and subs to 8".

So for HD I have a 3-lug mount on my DD 300S (10.3" barrel, MK18 format) and a mag stacked with 8 rounds of subsonic and 20 rounds of super from lehigh defense. The general idea being that if I need more than 8 rounds in an HD situation, it's probably time to go loud and armor defeating.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:05:37 PM EDT
[#19]
will a gem-tech fit a rugged?
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 1:13:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Tag
If so, the Rugged, by default, should fit Thompson machine
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:52:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

My circa 2010/2011 Gemtech 3-Lug mount for a Multimount will not fit in the Obsidian.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 12:28:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Who is compatible with Liberty?
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 1:27:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds the same...but I noticed that my groups were tighter with the Rugged 3-Lug than with the Silencerco 3-Lug mount.  I also noticed that the spring force on the Rugged 3-Lug mount is stronger and it takes more push force to get on the barrel than with the Silencerco 3-Lug mount.  So far I'm very impressed with the Rugged 3-Lug Mount on the Omega 9K.
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 7:11:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm not saying you can use them interchangeably - you'd have to ask someone else about that - but the Gemtech Multimount boosters and the Liberty boosters have the same thread pitch.

Also -

I saw it mentioned elsewhere, but can confirm that the Omega wrench will work on the Rugged 3-lug assembly in a pinch.
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 7:29:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Brad,

When all is said and done a chart in the OP would be baller.  

Just sayin'.
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 7:50:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I'm not saying you can use them interchangeably - you'd have to ask someone else about that - but the Gemtech Multimount boosters and the Liberty boosters have the same thread pitch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also, remember the disclaimer that was/is on the Mystic page: "EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY: DUE TO INCONSISTENCY IN CONCENTRICITY WITH MULTI MOUNT ADAPTERS FROM GEMTECH, WE CAN NO LONGER RECOMMEND OR WARRANTY THE USE OF THEM WITH LIBERTY SUPPRESSORS."

When I asked Liberty about using the Gemtech MM 3-lug mount on my Mystic (before they came out with their own), I was told to use it at my own peril. Never had any baffle strikes, but I was always a little wary when using the combination.
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 8:03:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Brad,

When all is said and done a chart in the OP would be baller.  

Just sayin'.
View Quote

Haha, I suppose you're right
Gemtech never responded to my questions about their $72 3 lugs they advertised the other night
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 8:03:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 9:52:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Haha, I suppose you're right
Gemtech never responded to my questions about their $72 3 lugs they advertised the other night
View Quote

GT like most of the industry shuts down entirely from Christmas until the new year. They will open back up tomorrow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top