Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2005 4:29:01 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:53:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I will check for you but about the size. It sounds right I have the Gun Plumber book and I think he lists the differnt sizes regular and oversized.

Did you try and take a emery paper or crocus cloth and file sand it to bring the DIA down. Is the LS head bigger then the standard one. You could also mike the reciever hole and see what Dia. it is then subtract from the LS Dia. This will let you knoe how much needs to be sanded off. Just don't mess with the flats unless yoou need to after it fits.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 10:42:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:17:00 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The dia of the hole on the right side of the receiver is .295.  So there is about .003" difference.  Someone on FALfiles said the receiver is out of spec.  Any thoughts on that?

What type of receiver? The LS should go in VERY tight. Sometimes, you need to polish down the eliptical area of the locking shoulder so it will fit in the recess. I seriously doubt the receiver is out of spec if it is a DSA or Imbel. If it is a Century, Entreprise or Connan, you have better odds that the receiver is out of spec. And yes, Coonan receivers DO tend to be a bit out of spec. Imbels can run a bit on the tight side, DSA receivers generally build up perfect.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:31:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I would suspect the LS before i'd suspect the reciever.  varying from .269 to .298 sounds like the guy you bought it from might have tried to resize it.  Measuring holes is tough without the proper gauge how sure are you that the holes are differently sized?

If you want to allow for setback (I usually don't) you need to go UP in size a mil or 2, not down.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:13:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 11:13:23 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It is an entreprise receiver.  This is really the only problem I had while assembling it.

The LS is .269 across the middle, which is the proper measurement for headspace.  The .298 is the measurement on the very end of the LS.  

I just used a set of dial calipers to measure the holes, so I might be a litttle off.

I'm going to try fileing a tiny bit on the receiver and polishing up the LS again.  Lots of oil and I'll try and press it back in.

I'd send the receiver back before I cut into it. What is the origin of your LS?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top