Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2007 6:14:19 PM EDT
I'm 19 and my dad is 55 we have talked about stting up a LLC. to buy NFA things so would I be able to buy from a SOT through the LLC even though I am only 19 and also what would I mark for 7d yes or no filling out the paper work for the LLC
Thank You
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 8:18:13 AM EDT
[#1]

I'm 19 and my dad is 55 we have talked about stting up a LLC. to buy NFA things so would I be able to buy from a SOT through the LLC even though I am only 19

If your dad fills out the Form 4, yes.  If you fill out the Form 4, no.  You need to be 21 to buy from an FFL.

and also what would I mark for 7d yes or no filling out the paper work for the LLC

7d is for a Form 1, 13d is for a Form 4.  At 19, you can fill out a Form 1 and you can fill out a Form 4 for a transfer from an in-state private party.  You can't fill out a Form 4 for a transfer from a dealer though.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:25:29 AM EDT
[#2]
As WDLSGUY said, it is dependent on who represents the LLC for the transaction. If the 19 year-old represents the LLC, he has to answer yes to the under 21 question, and the firearm can't be purchased from an SOT. If the 55 year old representsd the LLC, the answer is no, and the firearm may be purchased from the SOT.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top