BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2003 5:04:28 PM EDT
is $400. a good deal for an L1A1?
Century Arms W/Imbel Receiver.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 5:58:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Need more details.  New Century L1A1s run around $400.  Depending on the kit and the receiver type, they can be a great deal.  They are not true L1A1s though as the receivers most often are metric built with inch pattern kits.  I've seen the occassional lemon, and I've seen a lot of pretty good shooters for that price.

My L1A1 is an early Century L1A1 that came in post-89 import ban and was thus neutered of its preban features.  Built on a Canadian receiver.  Replace a few parts and put US parts in and you can take of the thumbhole and put on a pistol grip and standard buttstock.

Paid $350 for mine out the door with a bag of mags.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 11:56:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Come on!!!The L1A1 with a Imbel receiver for under $400. From what I see the Imbel L1A1 is a
thing of the past! If it's a private owner,test fire it because it sounds like a good deal to me!
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 1:57:07 PM EDT
[#3]
First, an L1A1 on an Imbel is not a true FAL nor is it a true L1A1, it is a mix of inch (L1A1) and metric (Imbel reciver) parts.  Some even had incg uppers and metric lowers, which meant incompatible sights.

Having said that, $400 is a good price for a .308 battle rifle.  It is however the current wholesale price for a new one.  But it is a private sale, which is always nice.  This rifle will not seriously appreciate in value for the reasons above, but it is a great shooter at that price.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top