Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2002 8:46:01 AM EDT
I recently purchased my first AR, a post-ban Bushmaster M4 Type with the Mini Y-Comp brake. After giving the Mini Y as much of a chance as I could, after shooting it the other night, I can't stand it anymore - WAY too loud and too much blowback. I think I will send in my upper to have one of Kurt's A3 TB put on instead but had a few questions for some of you out there who have used his services:

Can he in fact change out the Mini Y with a A3?

While it is a firearm in which I will use and will get beat up a little this gun is new - I spent a lot of money and it currently has no barrel scratches or defects - Were you happy with the condition in which your gun came back to you after the work was completed?

Are you satisfied with the overall performance of the A3 - is the noise bearable now? Was it worth the $$$ ?

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 8:49:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 8:59:50 AM EDT
[#2]

Waverunner mentioned:

Keep in mind that ANY muzzle brake that is doing it's job will create additional noise. With that being said KKF is a good way to go.  

Nothing is as bad as the Mini-Y Comp on my M4A3. I don't mind the noise, but it's the only comp I've ever used that directed the muzzle blast back to hit the shooter. Standing 4 feet directly behind someone shooting my M4A3 I could still feel the buffeting.

That being said, I posted a message in Kurt's forum about this last week. He said that it would be a 3-4 week turnaround to replace the Mini-Y with his A3 brake.

Link Posted: 6/20/2002 11:05:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Ive got an A3 brake from him on my Dissipator. I love it.
As for your question about condition, gun came back the same as it left. Flawless. The A3 brake looks just plain mean too.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 7:24:32 PM EDT
[#4]
KKF did a wonderful job on my FFS on my posty.  Very friendly.  It was quite a drive trying to find his place also!
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 7:32:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Waverunner mentioned:

Keep in mind that ANY muzzle brake that is doing it's job will create additional noise. With that being said KKF is a good way to go.  

Nothing is as bad as the Mini-Y Comp on my M4A3. I don't mind the noise, but it's the only comp I've ever used that directed the muzzle blast back to hit the shooter. Standing 4 feet directly behind someone shooting my M4A3 I could still feel the buffeting.

That being said, I posted a message in Kurt's forum about this last week. He said that it would be a 3-4 week turnaround to replace the Mini-Y with his A3 brake.

Ah you haven't seen the Smith Compensator in action then.  That puppy will blow dry your hair, BUT there is virtually NO muzzle rise.

As far as Kurt's work goes, If you can stand being with out the upper for that long, no one does better work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top