Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2009 3:25:31 PM EDT
First I wanted to thank all the people who helped me with my never ending questions regarding the right magazine carrier/rig for me. For a little update I decided to stat off cheap and and get one of those $20 FLC vest from ebay. I purchased a desert camo one for $18 shipped and it should be here in the next couple days. I am going to go quality for the pouches incase I find myself using it more.

But anyways back to the question at hand; It turns out that I might be attending a class sooner than I thought and I was advised on picking up a set of knee pads. I was looking around lapolicegear and they have a couple to choose from. But I decided to make a post here asking what to get before I went and bought it.

I am looking for something that is flexible that does not interfere with running or maneuvering. This class will be in the desert during the summer, I don't know if that has any impact on decisions for knee pads but I figured I would throw in in.

So, what kind of knee pads should I look to get?

(I promise this will not consist of as many questions as my last topic)
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 4:14:06 PM EDT
[#1]
If you are wearing ACU-isk pants that have the knee-pockets, the foam inserts work well without getting in the way.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 7:41:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Foam knee inserts won't stop a piece of brass from punching a hole in your knee when you kneel on it.

Use kneepads.  Altas are good.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 8:29:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Foam knee inserts won't stop a piece of brass from punching a hole in your knee when you kneel on it.

Use kneepads.  Altas are good.

That sounds like something I would want to avoid...

I'll take a look around to see who sells them.

How do "Blackhawk" knee pads rate? They are just over $20 at lapolicegear
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 12:34:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Alta, nuff said. Hell if you don't need the tacticool ones you can pick some up at Lowe's. I have some in Multicam myself. CLICK ME Kevin at Desert Deuce is a good guy too.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 2:18:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Altas with the buckle NOT the Velcro are solid.

There's some better ones out now, but Altas are long time favorites.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 4:53:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like Altas is going to be the way to go

Now, where is a good reliable place to buy them? I looked at the link but I am always nervous giving my credit card information out to over the internet. So if a very well know distributor sells them I would rather trust them.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 5:45:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Okay, never mind abput the reliable place to buy them. I found out that SKD sells the "Superflex" buckle ones so I am going to get those.

Thanks for all of the help
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 7:44:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Okay, never mind abput the reliable place to buy them. I found out that SKD sells the "Superflex" buckle ones so I am going to get those.

Good Idea...

They withstand my fat Amish ass going from run straight to knees on Rocks..

CXS
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:26:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good Idea...

CXS

I never would have guessed you're Amish.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:08:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good Idea...

CXS

I never would have guessed you're Amish.

Yep..
Ask NCPatrolAR, he might fill you in..

Also 45 seconds into this video the instructors call me out as I was the last person to find a gun during the battlefield pickup drill..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-9aLnlQMnY

CXS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top