Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 3/25/2009 3:25:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/25/2009 3:27:59 PM EDT by LRB_M1A]
First I wanted to thank all the people who helped me with my never ending questions regarding the right magazine carrier/rig for me. For a little update I decided to stat off cheap and and get one of those $20 FLC vest from ebay. I purchased a desert camo one for $18 shipped and it should be here in the next couple days. I am going to go quality for the pouches incase I find myself using it more.

But anyways back to the question at hand; It turns out that I might be attending a class sooner than I thought and I was advised on picking up a set of knee pads. I was looking around lapolicegear and they have a couple to choose from. But I decided to make a post here asking what to get before I went and bought it.

I am looking for something that is flexible that does not interfere with running or maneuvering. This class will be in the desert during the summer, I don't know if that has any impact on decisions for knee pads but I figured I would throw in in.

So, what kind of knee pads should I look to get?

(I promise this will not consist of as many questions as my last topic)
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 4:14:06 PM EDT
If you are wearing ACU-isk pants that have the knee-pockets, the foam inserts work well without getting in the way.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 7:41:37 PM EDT
Foam knee inserts won't stop a piece of brass from punching a hole in your knee when you kneel on it.

Use kneepads. Altas are good.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 8:29:37 PM EDT
Originally Posted By tweeter:
Foam knee inserts won't stop a piece of brass from punching a hole in your knee when you kneel on it.

Use kneepads. Altas are good.

That sounds like something I would want to avoid...

I'll take a look around to see who sells them.

How do "Blackhawk" knee pads rate? They are just over $20 at lapolicegear
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 12:34:19 PM EDT
Alta, nuff said. Hell if you don't need the tacticool ones you can pick some up at Lowe's. I have some in Multicam myself. CLICK ME Kevin at Desert Deuce is a good guy too.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 2:18:46 PM EDT
Altas with the buckle NOT the Velcro are solid.

There's some better ones out now, but Altas are long time favorites.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 4:53:42 PM EDT
Sounds like Altas is going to be the way to go

Now, where is a good reliable place to buy them? I looked at the link but I am always nervous giving my credit card information out to over the internet. So if a very well know distributor sells them I would rather trust them.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 5:45:34 PM EDT
Okay, never mind abput the reliable place to buy them. I found out that SKD sells the "Superflex" buckle ones so I am going to get those.

Thanks for all of the help
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 7:44:57 AM EDT
Originally Posted By LRB_M1A:
Okay, never mind abput the reliable place to buy them. I found out that SKD sells the "Superflex" buckle ones so I am going to get those.

Good Idea...

They withstand my fat Amish ass going from run straight to knees on Rocks..

CXS
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:26:49 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Custom-X_Sponjah:

Good Idea...

CXS

I never would have guessed you're Amish.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:08:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/28/2009 12:17:46 AM EDT by Custom-X_Sponjah]
Originally Posted By tweeter:
Originally Posted By Custom-X_Sponjah:

Good Idea...

CXS

I never would have guessed you're Amish.

Yep..
Ask NCPatrolAR, he might fill you in..

Also 45 seconds into this video the instructors call me out as I was the last person to find a gun during the battlefield pickup drill..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-9aLnlQMnY

CXS
Top Top