Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2003 11:09:44 PM EDT
Just wanted to here from actual owners of these before I make a decision to buy one. I have been going back and forth about either the 9mm or .40 as well. I reload 10mm so the .40 would be more practical for me in that regard, but I wonder how the keltec handles the .40. Your opinions would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 5:43:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the 9MM and have shot the .40. I feel the .40 has a little to much muzzle flip for a gun of this type. It is hard to get quick follow up shots.

I can take my 9MM out and shooting a C-More 8" bullseye at 50 yards, EASILY keep 20 rapid fire rounds in that target shooting offhand. POA is perfect, gun is reliable, and ammo is cheap. I am quite satisfied with mine.  
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 10:41:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Just curious what type mags does yours take. I have been thinking about the glock mags model. All though other models have cheaper mags though I don't know of their reliability.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 7:25:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I sold my Glock 22 but kept the 4 pre-ban drop free mags to sell, then I shot a .40 Sub 2000 at the range, well guess what I bought to use the mags in! Shoots to point of aim out of the box, seems to digest any and all ammo so far with NO stoppages. Recoil is very managable, and I think .40 S&W out of a 16" barrel has to have much more muzzle energy than its 9mm cousin. It also fits very nicely into a very mundane looking Nike back pack when folded, inside zippered pouch that also holds four to five magazines! Now I might have to get one of those 29 round magazines to see if they work!
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 3:08:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I guess I am just going to have to shoot the .40 before I can truly make my choice. Mags should not be that difficult with the .40, it's a tose up with the 9mm. Besides .40 ammo is starting to come way down. Muzzle flip has to be more of course on the .40, but if I was going to shoot the 9mm I would want to get maximum effectiveness and shoot +P ammo as well.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 11:55:47 AM EDT
[#5]
If you reload 10MM then go with the .40.

Does anyone Know why Kel-Tec does not make this gun in a heavier caliber like .45ACP or 10MM ? I like the design of the gun, I just like something a little more powerful.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 6:31:29 PM EDT
[#6]
That would be awesome! The only issue would be the fact that you couldn't get real high cap mags for a 10mm or .45. I mean maybe 17rds at the most. In any case it would be cool to have. Right now I will probably settle with what they have. It's a heck of a lot cheaper than the AR15 way, which can cost at least $500.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top