Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2003 10:04:19 PM EDT
Hey, I've read about as much as I could find on this rifle, and have a few questions.

Does anyone on this board have one?  Is there a bolt-hold open on the rifle, or not?

Every review I have read about the rifle has in general said that it is a nice firearm, and fun to shoot.  Very reliable and very sturdy.

I am basically asking, because I would like to purchase my girlfriend a .223 rifle as a birthday/christmas gift, a step up from the ruger 10/22 I bought her last year for the same occasion.

I love the fact that it takes M-16 magazines, as I have a ton of them that I could also throw in for the cause.

I am also wondering what a good price is for one of these rifles.  I found them at impactguns, and they are asking about 550 for the rifle.  

Are there any other online sources for the rifle?  I checked all my usual online retailers and came up without any results.

Any help?  

Thanks,
Scott
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 9:03:07 AM EDT
[#1]
The SU16 is still in early production and are therefore fairly scarce. Distributors are only alloted one or two at a time. You might want to go to www.ktog.org and look in the discussion forum. Perhaps you could find someone in your state who knows of one.

My distributor contact tells me the dealer price for a SU16 is $397 + shipping but are very hard for even dealers to find.

I've been told that some people have found them for sale retail in the $450-500 range.

I would buy one in a heartbeat if I could find one.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 5:41:56 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I am basically asking, because I would like to purchase my girlfriend a .223 rifle as a birthday/christmas gift, a step up from the ruger 10/22 I bought her last year for the same occasion.

That's funny because my wife caught a glimpse of an ad for one and loved the gadgets like the handguard-bipod and the magazine storage in the buttstock.  I don't know if it could ever replace her SAR-2 since those plastic magazines are the prettiest shade of orange. . .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top