Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2013 1:04:23 PM EDT
Just ordered one. Im also looking for a kydex mag pouch with a space for the TDI as well. Pics would rock.
Link Posted: 4/20/2013 8:52:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I carry one on my duty belt, handle forward, support side behind my radio holder.
Link Posted: 4/20/2013 6:59:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a TDI large tanto and carried it on my support side, handle to the rear for the same draw as my pistol on the other side.
It was intended as a backup weapon for a handgun retention situation.
Don't wear a duty rig anymore so haven't carried it in a while.

HTH,
Lee
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 1:51:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I took the clip off of the sheath and wore it on a dog tag chain. This was in Afghanistan while on a joint base where the ANA/ANP milled about, wanted something to have on me when headed to the gym and showers.
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 3:33:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Like txcop893 only behind my gun.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 8:16:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I carry mine infrequently, much prefer my Braveheart, but when I do I carry small of the back, pushed a little to the left. Hides well.
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 3:39:40 AM EDT
[#6]
I've still got mine, but occasionally carry it off duty. I just bought a Blackhawk Kalista so well see if it gets replaced. You might want to read this:

TDI Unsafe For Duty Carry
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 4:02:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I've still got mine, but occasionally carry it off duty. I just bought a Blackhawk Kalista so well see if it gets replaced. You might want to read this:

Thanks good looking out. Fortunately I am no longer active LE (retired) but I will pass it on.
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 6:23:53 PM EDT
[#8]
When I did carry one it was in a kydex sheath like this with a tec lock. Light years better than the shitty factory TDI sheath.

Link Posted: 4/26/2013 9:36:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Randall is a nice guy but isn't trained in the use/deployment of the TDI.  If you look at his pics he is wearing it backwards.  TDI preaches that the knife is primarily a weak handed tool. Should be worn/carried for weak hand to obtain a forward grip.  If you are defending a gun grab attempt your strong hand will be busy keeping your weapon in the holster.  That said the factory sheath is shit.  Fin Designs makes a much better sheath that is worth every penny.  Benner and crew all carried theirs in the Fin scabbards.  Even the TDI XL prototype that they had in class when I atttended years ago wore a Fin scabbard.

Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top