Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2015 4:15:25 AM EDT
Seems like all the silencerco/AAC, etc suppressors are easy to find dealers for... but is there a go to for KAC suppressors at a decent price?

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:44:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Oakland Tactical in Michigan carries KAC suppressors. They run around $1,400 depending on the model.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:00:53 AM EDT
[#2]
... and worth about half that.  Everything that KAC puts out is good stuff but twice as expensive as it should be.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:10:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
... and worth about half that.  Everything that KAC puts out is good stuff but twice as expensive as it should be.
View Quote

Preach it. KAC might be the most over priced, over hyped stuff on the market. They got a few military contracts and it went to their noggin and all the couch commandos gotta have that contract equipment.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:58:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Preach it. KAC might be the most over priced, over hyped stuff on the market. They got a few military contracts and it went to their noggin and all the couch commandos gotta have that contract equipment.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The SR15 and SR25ECC are great firearms, but their suppressor technology is lacking. Reed Knight even admitted as much several years ago per some quotes I have seen repeatedly posted without rebuttal. Go with a SiCo or other modern can.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:36:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Any chance people have done tests comparing them?

I figured they're more expensive due to possibly increased durability.

On the videos, it shows that the KAC QDC cans can just twist on and off the SR15 rifles. Is that also possible with non KAC suppressors on a SR15?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:17:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Seems like all the silencerco/AAC, etc suppressors are easy to find dealers for... but is there a go to for KAC suppressors at a decent price?

View Quote

That's adorable!!  You must be new to suppressors, so I'll fill you in...over priced, heavy, out dated designs, but built to survive anything.  There are much better choices, that are cheaper and suppress better out there.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:45:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The SR15 and SR25ECC are great firearms, but their suppressor technology is lacking. Reed Knight even admitted as much several years ago per some quotes I have seen repeatedly posted without rebuttal. Go with a SiCo or other modern can.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:54:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I figured they're more expensive due to possibly increased durability.
View Quote

Okay, no.  KAC makes good stuff, but so does Midwest Industries, Troy, Noveske, Samson, etc as far as rail systems.  KAC is so far behind the competition in terms of design that I wonder if they're even trying anymore.  KAC is REALLY good at patenting and convincing the government to pay for their things.  Performance?  Who would pay two or three times what you can get an AAC, Gemtech, or SiCo can for?  Bowers. Griffin. Rugged. Dead Air.  Liberty.  I'm listing cans that are cheaper and at least equal in quality and durability.  When you buy KAC, imagine similar quality, lesser performance, and double the price.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:14:30 PM EDT
[#9]
You guys are comparing newer cans to older KAC cans like the NT4. If you compared their newer line of QDC cans they are on par with everyone else as far as weight and price. I doubt many of you can comment on their performance since they are still relatively  obscure or you admittedly wouldn't purchase one anyway.

ETA: Surefire 556 RC is 17oz on sale at SS for $1175

KAC QDC is 18 oz for $1298

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:29:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You guys are comparing newer cans to older KAC cans like the NT4. If you compared their newer line of QDC cans they are on par with everyone else as far as weight and price. I doubt many of you can comment on their performance since they are still relatively  obscure or you admittedly wouldn't purchase one anyway.

View Quote

I'd personally go M42k @ $599 and call it a day.. Just me though..
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:12:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Sometimes you just have to buy what you like. Knights SD

It's on the very left

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:30:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just my opinion but, I think Surefire is a borderline ripoff as well and for the most part KAC exceeds their prices. There are just better cans in every measurable way that are also cheaper than either SF or KAC. I guess there are reasons some want them but it's definitely not size/weight/suppression/durability (yes, that)/customer service because there are options that have them beat on all those. It's military contracts, let's be real.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 6:17:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Dumb question... but I know the KAC QDC cans are able to quickly attach and detach from their SR15 rifles... can you do this with the AAC/SilencerCo offerings?
And would you guys recommend a short 4-5" suppressor or a ~6.5" full length suppressor for a 11.5" SBR?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top