Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2006 1:19:15 PM EDT
Do yourself a huge favor.

Don't order from them.

My order was placed six months ago and items are still in limbo.  No guaranteed ship dates.  My brothers halfway through his deployment and his items (my Christmas present) are still not here.  

They are falling into the pile with "those companies" the ones that catalog a multitude of items and STOCK NOTHING.  

I'm very pissed.  The lady on the phone was trying to explain how the items were actually two seprate orders two items from September's original order and ("a seperate order placed in November"as they shipped two of the wrong item several months back and the exchange is now [according to them] a seperate order.)

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:30:22 PM EDT
[#1]
i agree.... i ordered a dump pouch in nov. and still haven't received it.
so i canceled my order and let them know it was the first and last time doing business with them.
no customer service at all.
catalog looks great but they suck as a company.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:32:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry to hear that.  I've ordered an entry vest, and numerous pouches from them, and they all arrived real quick like.  I ordered a mag pounc and bang pouch and got them within a few days.  They've always done what they said for me - maybe they are slipping or are backordered and sending stuff to LE and Mil faster.  Again, sorry to hear you were having problems.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:35:23 PM EDT
[#3]
why would anyone order anything from a company that didn't have it in stock.
esp when you can order direct from the MFR on these items?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:42:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Solution: Order from Optactical.

I too have had problems with DBT as well as lightfighter (worst company i have ever dealt with). I just switched out all my tactical gear and decided to give Optac a try. I made a couple calls to them, Prices are great, Selection is magnificent,  dealt with the same person every time and they were completely truthful about the availability of products. It took 3 days for me to get my order and everything was as i ordered it. Im so pleased im gonna place another order tommorow for some stuff "I Forgot"
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:32:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:47:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I "was" in the same boat.  I had multiple orders since 05 Oct. and finally after waiting about 5 months I cancelled all my backorders.   I don't know what it is now, but before they never had problems with keeping items in stock and everything came in pretty quick.  I guess they must be busy w/ MIL orders.

and, "no" SPDSNYPR us LEOs do not have our stuff faster, we still got to wait like everyone else.  or more like, "had to wait."  
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:14:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I just ordered some multi-cam pouches from them yeserday. Within minutes of placing my order they emailed to say that it would be 8-12 weeks. I emailed back and forth for a bit and found out that they had everything I wanted in stock in colors other than multicam. They quickly changed my order and shipped the same day. I was extremely pleased.

Based on my experiance I'll shop there again, but I'll call first.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:19:32 PM EDT
[#8]
THis isn't the first time.  THe first time I was in Samarra waiting for armor for six months wondering if I would get it or get blown up and be the fool who bought $2500 in armor and got killed before it arrived.  

I have the feeling that they give precidence to SF ODA members.  Our second ODA team had a bunch of Diamondaback crap and some items that had just been added to catalogs.  I think it's their Ex-SF ownership and the obvious Gee-Whiz marketing factor.   The guys told me the diamondback people did a whole product demo for them at Ft Carson Colorado--   for all I know they could have given it to them for free ahead of other people who had placed orders for the same equipment.

I gotta say No MATTER HOW MUCH I LIKE AN ITEM THEY GET NO MORE BUSINESS FROM ME.  I'ld have to be fucking NUTS

I'ld be better off sewing my own gear with a needle, gerber tool and dental floss.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:30:31 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
why would anyone order anything from a company that didn't have it in stock.
esp when you can order direct from the MFR on these items?

DBT -is- the manufacturer for many of the items they sell.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:48:38 AM EDT
[#10]

I'ld be better off sewing my own gear with a needle, gerber tool and dental floss.

Now that was good!
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:05:17 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I have the feeling that they give precidence to SF ODA members.  Our second ODA team had a bunch of Diamondaback crap and some items that had just been added to catalogs.  I think it's their Ex-SF ownership and the obvious Gee-Whiz marketing factor.    

I think you're probably right.  I met one of their salesmen at a big pistol match last year.  He made a big deal about them (all or most) being ex-Army SF (including himself), which was a bit tiresome, but not a deal breaker.

He brought a ton of catalogs, and as was mentioned above, their stuff looks really good.  I asked him about their body armor, which they manufacture themselves.  He told me about it, and then I asked him if they could made it in my size.  That's when he told me they wouldn't sell it to me because I'm not military or police.  THAT was the deal breaker.

I can understand giving preference to active duty military in the middle of a war so they get their stuff in a timely manner, but the "we only sell our body armor to special people" us vs. them mentality is not something I choose to support with my dollars.  I asked why and he rattled off some nonsense about not wanting their gear used to commit crimes.  He got a little indignant when I asked him how they knew someone wouldn't commit a crime just because they were military or police, so I let it drop.

It's unfortunate because I was going to buy one of the their low-profile chest rigs and their "escape and evasion" bag, because they're both exactly what I wanted.

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:32:02 AM EDT
[#12]
DBT is pretty flakey.  Like LF, I don't count on them to have things in stock, but when they do, it's shipped pretty quick.  I had a Multicam hydration pack on order with them since september.  They told me the same 8-12 weeks bs.  They said the material is very hard to get.  Whatever.  I ended up switching to their camel tan and got it right away.  They make some great products, but the stock situation and the "no body armor unless you are a super secret agent ninja jedi power ranger" schtick is pretty weak.  A lot of companies do this because it is illeagal to own armor if you are a felon (anybody ever heard of background checks?).  

BTW, when I asked about the availability of multicam products, they said a few were trickling in here and there, but not much.  She alluded to them possibly disscontinueing offereing the pattern, but didn't come right out and say it.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:19:14 AM EDT
[#13]
That sucks! I got their catalog a few months ago and they had some pretty cool gear and actually have some good prices on their MC pattern. I've also heard their pouches are pretty solid too.

Now I have to do some rethinking.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:36:02 PM EDT
[#14]
"Now I have to do some rethinking."

Yep- thought number one:

Do I want to wait 6-12 + months?

#2 Do they actually charge me every time they ship me one item at a time?  (That could easilly be hundreds of dollars of shipping per order.)
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:40:19 PM EDT
[#15]
I had good luck with SKD.
You can see what is and isn't in stock too.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:22:37 PM EDT
[#16]
You can always use that spiffy catalog to do your window shopping.  Once you see what you like, you can find another source for something substantially similar.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 2:05:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Those mutherfugers took three weeks just to send me an email saying my product was backordered for 4-6 weeks.

Never again.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 2:28:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Diamond Back doesnt bend over for the military really all that well either. On my last deployment I ran my squardons supply section. I was told to order 60 Raptor holsters for our M-9 pistols. I found that Diamondback had the best prices, so I went with them. Well, it took them nearly my entire deployment to send them and what did we get? Raptor holsters for Glock 17's. It was a fucking nightmare to deal with Air Force bueracracy and Daimondback to get those holsters exchanged. I will never do business with Diamondback or Lightfighter. They both suck.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:42:36 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

+ eleventy billion for SKD.

Almost everything I've every ordered has arrived within 3 days, as ordered.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:58:43 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+ eleventy billion for SKD.

Almost everything I've every ordered has arrived within 3 days, as ordered.

Agree.  Granted that I have only ordered one item from DBT, I think I may stick with SKD.  They always  
ship my order by the next day.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:37:32 PM EDT
[#21]
I am a big fan of battlelab products and they worked with me while on deployment, so they always get repeat orders from me.  They are a little better than botach at least.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:33:48 PM EDT
[#22]
"I am a big fan of battlelab products and they worked with me while on deployment, so they always get repeat orders from me. They are a little better than botach at least."

I like the concepts behind the products.  -- I feel that they are great designs no one else is marketing (like the lo vis rack that is perfect for mounted work in Iraq) but I can't say the gear is well constructed.  

I had to make a lot of repairs to my stuff, primarilly they need to start box-x stitching web straps to gear; of course it's all commie import shit and they don't build any of it so you can't expect Eagle quality.  

If Tactical tailor Eagle, or Blackhawk would copy the products, that would give a customer a quality alternative with good customer service.  

Wether I like the designs or not, I can't wait 6-12 months per order- that's rediculous.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:44:14 PM EDT
[#23]
i ordered some mag pouches a few years ago.  sent me the wrong ones twice, and refused to refund the shipping charges they added each time.  i been checking out these places, havent ordered yet.
optactical.com/
www.rstactical.com/
www.downrangesports.com/
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:53:02 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
If Tactical tailor Eagle, or Blackhawk would copy the products, that would give a customer a quality alternative with good customer service.  

Yeah, a low-vis rack with molle on the front made by Eagle of someone comparable would be a winner.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:29:31 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
i ordered some mag pouches a few years ago.  sent me the wrong ones twice, and refused to refund the shipping charges they added each time.  i been checking out these places, havent ordered yet.
optactical.com/
www.rstactical.com/
www.downrangesports.com/

I have used Optactical a few times with great results. They ship fast!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:25:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Do yourself a huge favor and call-in your order first . i have ordered a couple of  items from DBT and recived them in a timely manner i even got a military discount without even asking, i just used my Army e-mail account
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:08:47 PM EDT
[#27]
I always call before I order from BDT to check if its in stock.  Stuff thats in stock ships out quick.  The back order stuff I just double the time table they give me.  So if you need something now and it's on back order don't bother, just start looking some place else.  If you can wait, order it.  Everything I've got from them has been high quality.

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:27:42 AM EDT
[#28]
+1 on the call-in!  Otherwise you won't ever hear from them that your order is backordered for 8-12 years.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:52:42 AM EDT
[#29]
I had good luck with DBT, I recieved my Low Vis Vest in Coyote Brown within a week.My only gripe is they charged me $12.50 shipping.(FedEX Ground)
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:52:22 AM EDT
[#30]
OK a complete order totalling over $600 and NOT ONE ITEM SHIPS.  

The entire order is a backorder-  That's DBT for you-- don't expect anything else, I wouldn't be surprised if they operated out of an empty garage.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 1:23:25 PM EDT
[#31]
A dude I know with NOLA PD and the state dept. ordered a hell of a lot of stuff from them around the Katrina time, and is still waiting on it, last I heard.  I think he paid a visit to them at SHOT, but don't know the disposition of the order since then.  They've been giving him the runaround the whole time, though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top