Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2006 7:20:26 PM EDT
I just bought and received a hsgi weesatch in Khaki.  Woo hoo it is sweet.  Did not need the dang thing but why not?  Now couple of questions.  One is fit.  Is it designed on the lower loops of the back panel to go through your belt.  I ask because it seems like the weight in the front pulls it down.  The shoulder straps are up as far as they will go.  If I pull the back down then it sits just right.  I planned on wearing it with 5.11's and a rigger belt that I have but need to figure out how to attach.  Any help with this?
Next which pouches do yall like and why?  I have a dual mag pouch in multicam,  I have a small med pouch on order, thinking about the rollypoly as a dump pouch.  I am looking for a general pouch or 2.  1 to carry loose pistol ammo either in a box or like I said loose.  And 1 pouch to hold say a knife and batteries and so on (crap pouch).  Let me know which ones some of you use.  Pics would also be cool.
Thanks
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:58:38 PM EDT
[#1]
The lower loops on the back panel are for the waist strap.  All plate carriers will tend to pull in the front when loaded down if you are not wearing plates.  They were designed with the weight of front and rear plates in mind.

Try putting a hydration bladder in the rear panel if you aren't running plates.  That ought to even things out a bit as long as you dont way overload the front.

Can't go wrong with a Roly Poly.  There are a thousand uses for that thing.  An esstac small/medic or packrat would be good for unobtrusive storage.  

Invest in the improved shoulder straps that Joe carries SKD Weesatch Improved Shoulder Straps.  They greatly simplify things up top and provide a nice sturdy hold.  At $15 they're an outstanding value.

As for pouches, look around the forum, see what other people are doing.  If you ask what the best pouch is to hold an MS2000 strobe, for example, you will likely get a dozen different opinions.  That's a good thing.

Have fun gear whoring .
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:34:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I used to own a Weesatch.  Brassburn is right on about the plates.  If you want it to truly fit right, get plates.  The Hydro pack will work too, but only until you drink all the water.  As you drink, the weight does start to shift forward.  If you go the hydro pack route, I suggest an external pack rather than placing a bladder inside the rear panel.  The reason is that the tension of the waist strap will be on your body and the bladder.  As you drink, the bledder shrinks and the waist band losens.  The straps are not easy to adjust by yourself when wearing the rig.  

As far as pouches go, think thin and streamlined.  You are placing more pouches ontop of what is already a double mag pouch.  This will make the rig stick out a lot!  The temptation is there to cover every inch of real estate with pouches, but you will soon end up with very ungainly results.  I work out a lot and have a large chest and thin waist.  My Weesatch made me feel like I had  a huge gut.  I found that keeping things streamlined was the way to go.  Pistol mag pouch, small IFAK, and admin pouch was all that ended up on the front of mine.

Again, Brassburn is right about the enhanced straps.  They are the tits!  Also, invest in the shoulder strap pads.  You will thank me later.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:44:02 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I used to own a Weesatch.  Brassburn is right on about the plates.  If you want it to truly fit right, get plates.  The Hydro pack will work too, but only until you drink all the water.  As you drink, the weight does start to shift forward.  If you go the hydro pack route, I suggest an external pack rather than placing a bladder inside the rear panel.  The reason is that the tension of the waist strap will be on your body and the bladder.  As you drink, the bledder shrinks and the waist band losens.  The straps are not easy to adjust by yourself when wearing the rig.  

As far as pouches go, think thin and streamlined.  You are placing more pouches ontop of what is already a double mag pouch.  This will make the rig stick out a lot!  The temptation is there to cover every inch of real estate with pouches, but you will soon end up with very ungainly results.  I work out a lot and have a large chest and thin waist.  My Weesatch made me feel like I had  a huge gut.  I found that keeping things streamlined was the way to go.  Pistol mag pouch, small IFAK, and admin pouch was all that ended up on the front of mine.

Again, Brassburn is right about the enhanced straps.  They are the tits!  Also, invest in the shoulder strap pads.  You will thank me later.

That's the post I should have made lol.  I completely spaced on the bladder in the rear panel issue.  You could also attach a MOLLE hydro carrier to the panel to alleviate the strap/shrinkage issue.

Great points on your gear profile.  I also am a minimalist (although much of that is because I can be, I am not military so I have no specific loadout requirement) when it comes to pouches and accessories.  The nice thing about the wee is the built in mag slots.  You don't have to get "fat" right off the bat with it just to carry some mags.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:04:38 PM EDT
[#4]
couple of extra thoughts on weesatch/wasatch...my Blade Tech holster (former paddle model) fits snugly into HSGI's double 30 rd mag pouch (add grommets or just screw thru backside of mag pouch)...adding only a molle hydration holder on the back panel seems like a waste, i'm evaluating attachment of a CB MULE pack on the back panel
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:19:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Let me know what you do on the MULE as I have one in the closet not dooing too much with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top