Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2004 6:41:55 AM EDT
My dad has just started collecting old military rifles.  He caught the disease from me.  He called me last night and said he just found and bought 3 Arisakas.  Now he has a total of four.  One in particular, turns out to be a Type 97 sniper rifle.  It is missing the scope of course.  

I have tried to find some place to come up with a scope for him, but I have failed miserably.  I realize that each 2.5x scope is fitted to each rifle with no adjustments, but he still wants one.  Anybody have any idea or site that has these for sale?  The scope also is the same on the Type 91 rifle if that helps.

Thanks for your help!
guns762
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 10:57:31 AM EDT
[#1]
check out    www.milsurpshooter.net

sorry i would have made it hot, but couldn't figure it out.
these guys are the gurus of C&R firearms.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 4:43:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
check out    www.milsurpshooter.net

sorry i would have made it hot, but couldn't figure it out.
these guys are the gurus of C&R firearms.

]url[www.milsurpshooter.net]/url[
Turn the brackets around and it will work.
Or hit the quote button above this post and you will see the code.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:51:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, I tried the link guys, but I can't find anything using the search function on the site.  I even tried paging through on the Japanese and Sniper boards with no luck.  Anyone else have any ideas of sites that might have a scope like this for sale?  I couldn't even find anything close on ebay, gunsamerica, or gunbroker.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 1:11:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't get discouraged in the hunt.  That's half the fun of this old oddball crap, it takes forever to find, longer if you want it for a good price.  You might check out shotgun news or the gun list.  Lots of weird stuff in there.  That's how I found a primo diamondback for my dad.  After a month or two of looking and finding nothing but worn out stuff or overpriced stuff I found just what I wanted.  But it took some time, more than I expected.  Good luck in your search, it's out there, you just have to keep looking.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:12:26 PM EDT
[#5]
two more ideas.

post over at milsurp they are nice guys and might point you in the right direction.

second,  give Sarco a call.  they have the most off the wall stuff you can imagine.  they have alot of japanese parts, but they don't list it all in their shotgun news ad (gotta call and ask)..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top