Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2006 6:58:04 PM EDT
Im surprised that i havent seen more topics discussing this but has anyone had any work done or replaced parts on their JLD's to lighten the trigger pull? Everyone who owns a JLD knows that out of the box trigger pull is a bear. Over 10lbs!! Thats pretty heavy, especially for a guy whos other rifle is a rock river ar15. Better yet has anyone done their own trigger job? Let me know where, how, and how much? Thanks
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:31:02 PM EDT
[#1]
There are several threads floating around about the JLD trigger. Bill Springfield does an outstanding job on these triggers. He worked my JLD to 4 lbs pull with zero creep. It is a match quality trigger now!!! Highly reccomend him!!!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:58:35 AM EDT
[#2]
+1 for Bill Springfield.  Fast service at a great price.  He charges around $55and that includes return shipping.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:29:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I used Williams Trigger Specilties, and have been very satisfied. I got the WTS Contoured Trigger on my 91. May get it upgraded to WTS Set.
I have also heard good things about Bill Springfield.

HKO
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:37:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I think a HK actaully has a heavier pull then a JLD, think the 91 is around 12 pounds
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:44:43 AM EDT
[#5]
I kinda like the two stage pull on my PTR. I did have Williams do trigger work on my Greek SAR3 about 10 or so years ago and I recomend him also. What I think is more usefull is having a paddle mag release installed. Ralph Smith at RDTS did my SAR3 and I had him do my PTR here just a couple of weeks ago.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:30:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Polish but do not grind, polish but do not round. Trim the hammer spring very little at a time. Check for primer strikes, the hard primers of surplus ammo needs a good whack. I would recommend having a spare hammer and hammer spring before trying this.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:40:33 AM EDT
[#7]
How about posting some contact info for these guys. I have Williams, but might look at the other guys for price comparision.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:53:04 AM EDT
[#8]
"Bill Springfield does an outstanding job on these triggers. He worked my JLD to 4 lbs pull with zero creep. It is a match quality trigger now!!! Highly reccomend him!!!"

Any contact info - website, phone number ???

Thanks,

EE
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:19:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Ask and Ye Shall Receive....

I can set you up on the trigger work, runs $35 each, option to minimize the trigger slack take up and over travel is $14ea. USPS Prioity mail works well. Return shipping is included, I only need the trigger pack and selector switch. My address is:

Bill Springfield
4135 Cricket Ct.
Colorado Springs, Co 80918

[email protected]

Bill did Great Improvements to my PTRK

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:00:03 PM EDT
[#10]
+1 for Bill Springfield, he turned my crappy JLD trigger into a genuine match grade trigger for a very cheap price.  Turn around time was so quick it made my head spin.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:47:05 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Ask and Ye Shall Receive....

I can set you up on the trigger work, runs $35 each, option to minimize the trigger slack take up and over travel is $14ea. USPS Prioity mail works well. Return shipping is included, I only need the trigger pack and selector switch. My address is:

Bill Springfield
4135 Cricket Ct.
Colorado Springs, Co 80918

[email protected]

Bill did Great Improvements to my PTRK

BIGGER_HAMMER

Thanks! Sound like he'll have my business
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:44:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for the references guys!

Bill
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:57:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Bill,
I am wondering how this work affects reliability and durability.

TIA

Seydou
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 12:52:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Just got mine back from Mr. Springfield. Wow! it now feels closer to my 1911 trigger rather than my 10/22!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:21:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Well considering that my PTR91K will be used for more for shooting down the range than anything else i really cant justify spending close to $250 for Williams trigger system versus $55 for Springfields work. Besides this many people making recommendations must speak for his work. Unless theres someone out their that says otherwise???

BTW Bill if your reading this i sent you an email.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:54:04 PM EDT
[#16]
To answer the question above, when quality trigger parts are used such as HK contract, JLD and some other lesser named parts; they will last the life of the rifle. They are are hard, very high quality steel.

Thanks,

Bill
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:54:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Bill is good. He did my ptr. Very prompt. Got rid of creep 100%. The pull weight is still more than I want but it is an awesome improvement considering the minimal cost. Just guessing mine went from 10-12 down to 5-6. CB
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:57:49 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
To answer the question above, when quality trigger parts are used such as HK contract, JLD and some other lesser named parts; they will last the life of the rifle. They are are hard, very high quality steel.

Thanks,

Bill

Bill, sent you IM. (actually the system screwed up and sent multiples) Just want to confirm details before I ship out my trigger assy.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:43:16 AM EDT
[#19]
+1 for Mr. Springfield!!!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:51:53 PM EDT
[#20]
"The pull weight is still more than I want but it is an awesome improvement considering the minimal cost. Just guessing mine went from 10-12 down to 5-6"

Same here, got mine back today - no creep or slack and about 1/2 the pull of the factory JLD trigger.

Well worth the $$$

EE
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:10:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Tag
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:13:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Just picked up my package from my mailbox from Bill last night. It must have arrived this past Saturday. That was superfast considering i sent it out the previous wednesday. And of course, i installed the trigger pack into my JLD that very same night i received it. The first thing i noticed was there was definitely minimal creep and neglible amount of slack. Felt like the hammer dropped almost immediately. Trigger pull was definitely less the 11-12 lbs it used to be. But more than my RRA AR15. It felt like a 5-6lb trigger,basically. Im hoping to take it down to the range sometime soon pending the weather and let everyone know my first impression. I would, hands down, recommend Bills work at this time.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:22:07 PM EDT
[#23]
++ for Bill here as well, he had my trigger back so fast I almost wondered if he had actually worked on it - he had!

I whole heartedly recommend Bill Springfield.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:13:18 AM EDT
[#24]
I hate to sound ignorant but,
"JLD"?
"PTR"?
What means?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:56:25 AM EDT
[#25]
JLD = JLD Enterprises the premier maker of HK 91 clones
PTR = Precision Target Rifle, or the name they gave their clone, the PTR91

Six months ago I had never heard of either and I find myself this morning owning a pair....with Bill Springfield trigger jobs I might add
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:32:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Tag
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:56:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Bill did a trigger for me on a 91, very nice job, very quick.

Have fired about 200 rds since the trigger job, the rifle shoots like a whole different beast
can easily shoot 4" groups at 200 yards with mil surplus ammo , iron sights.

So, you definitely get all the bang for the buck and then some.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:11:57 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
+1 for Mr. Springfield!!!

+1000
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top