Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2002 2:18:36 AM EDT
I have an AOW Ithaca 37 fetherlight.  Taking into consideration the 13in barrel.  I have yet to shoot the gun but I currently load it with Federal 00 Buck for home defense.  What would be the best ammunition for indoor close up home defense?  Not too much penetration but not too little power
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 8:41:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I alternate between rubber shot and bird bombs.

Link Posted: 4/14/2002 8:50:47 AM EDT
[#2]
definitely try and find some low recoil stuff.  That configuration will kick your ass.  Even with the low recoil, you'll feel it in your wrists.  What type of pistol grip are you using?
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 8:15:00 PM EDT
[#3]
It might be a good idea to actually try the gun out first before relying on it for home defense.  They are painful to shoot.  The Pachmayer pistol grip is a little better than the plastic ones.  The light-recoil loads are definately the way to go.  You should be able to find them at a gunshow, or at least in SGN, etc.  

Ross
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 11:25:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Every gunstore I've been to sells Federal Tactical Low recoil.  I've seen it in 00, 000, 1oz slug.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top