Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
11/9/2018 9:21:38 PM
Posted: 11/3/2018 7:37:23 PM EST
I did a run and gun today and some time during the run I lost the outside cover, which caused the interior part to fall into the chamber during a stage. Is there a way to prevent the cover from coming off or an updated cover design?
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 3:22:55 PM EST
It shouldn't be popping off. I have only heard of it happening to maybe one or two others online.

Unfortunately I have never experienced this issue, so I don't have much to offer... When I shoot "black rifle", 2 gun, or PCC, spare magazines are on my belt. I wonder if you're using a chest rig and while slung and running the port cover hits your gear???

Perhaps the inside metal cover needs the lips tweaked to better secure the plastic port cover? A more permanent fix would be to just silicon it into place. As a right handed shooter, the only time I have ever removed port covers was to replace the "text" version with the older "non-text" covers. Semi-permanently affixing it in place shouldn't matter to the average AUG shooter unless you swap to the left hand bolt.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 3:43:35 PM EST
When I bought my AUG-A1 back in the 90s, it only had the plastic outer cover and that's how I've been shooting it ever since. Is the metal inner cover necessary?
Top Top