Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2005 8:49:03 AM EDT
How are they?  Are bores generally worn and frosted?  I'm thinking about ordering one in a few days and making it a project gun.

-mark.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:45:52 AM EDT
[#1]
What kind of project gun? Not to sound like an ass, but if you're going to cut it up, why not buy one that is already chopped up? Not sure as to condition, but a fair amount of Enfields have crappy bores due to the large usage of corrosive ammo. A fair amount, but not all It would really be luck of the draw.  Terry
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:18:44 AM EDT
[#2]
nah, just a refinish.  metal and wood.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 12:19:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Alot of these that I have seen are hit with the black painted finish. Not too bad to touch up I guess. The wood I have seen has mostly been very oil soaked, but not in too bad of shape. I myself just tear the rifles down as far as I can and clean everything down good. Replace all the packing grease and whatnot with Breakfree on the metal and I use Ballistol to wipe off the wood. Leaves it with the issued type of look rather than a refinished look.  Remember these are usually made in India in the '80's, so they don't have alot of "experience" compared to alot of Enfields. Terry

BTW, a chunk of course steel wool wrapped around an undersized bore brush soaked in oil can do wonders for a dark or frosted bore, but pitted will still be pitted in the end.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top