Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2005 7:36:05 PM EDT
I have this scope that was given to me by a soldier I served in Iraq with and I'm trying to identify it. I found a few pictures doing a google search and this scope that I have appears to be similar to a PSO-1 scope. The websites showed some scopes for sale that use AA batteries but the battery compartment on this is different. The english instructions states that this scope uses an SR 44 silver oxide battery which is a watch battery. There are also some additional features on this scope that are not on the commercial variants. The instruction book is labeled "Instruction for telescopic sight, Type 1985, used for sniping rifle". The english in the instructions is very bad.

In the instruction scan below, it talks about an infra-red system...Although I've been in the army for 17 years, I don't know much outside of the concept of how infra-red works. Is this telling me that this scope is also a "night vision" scope in a limited way?

What kind of value may this have?

So, if there are any scope experts out there, let me know what you think. Here are some photos and scans.

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:18:51 PM EDT
[#1]
try a link in the ak forum it looks like a dragonov scope to me but i do not know the exact model.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:22:30 PM EDT
[#2]
i think it is a pso

dragunov.net
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:59:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Your scope looks like a military PSO, although you could post this on the AK side and they would know for sure. The IR part the instructions refer to is for a passive IR detection plate that you can rotate into the field of view. I believe that if you rotate it into the field of view any active IR source will show up on the plate, i.e. the IR LEDs used on the PVS-5/7/14 series will show up, although it was designed to detect the large IR lights used by active IR systems. You might be able to test it using your TV remote? although the IR from that might not be strong enough. That is all I remember about the scope, someone let me know if I'm wrong.

mrf2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top