Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2002 8:09:44 PM EDT
I thinking about going to an indoor range to test some Olympic SS109 ammo I picked up from a gun show, and I was wondering would there be a problem with shooting this stuff in an indoor range. The range has a max distance of 25 meters. I'm not sure what the back stop is, but they also allow shooters to shoot 7.62x39 ammo at the range, in addition to 5.56x45.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 8:24:59 PM EDT
[#1]
My indoor range has it posted no steel core bullets allowed.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 8:26:24 PM EDT
[#2]
As for safety, I don't know.  I do know that one local 25 yd indoor range that I frequent will not allow it or any other steel core ammo.  They say it lessens the life of the backstop.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 8:38:58 PM EDT
[#3]
My local indoor range does not allow steel core. If you did not buy thier ammo they check it with a magnet.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 8:52:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
My local indoor range does not allow steel core. If you did not buy thier ammo they check it with a magnet.

Double Action Shooting in Madison Heights?

Keving67
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 4:30:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, I guess I'll definitely ask and not assume if it's o.k. But you would figure if it's O.K. to shoot 7.62x39 from an ak-47 in their then you could shoot some SS109. But I guess because of the steel inserts in an SS109 bullet, it would make it more dangerous in and enclosed area than your typical 7.62x39. I remember reading somewhere that there was the possibility of a ricochet and I wanted to make sure that I didn't injure anyone, especially myself.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top