Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2008 8:36:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/21/2008 8:39:57 AM EDT by JIM762]
Yeah, if I could invest in anything, I'd buy a super nice FA Thompson or an MP-5 or something. But I don't have that kinda $. If I got a 6933 it would be a safe queen, and I might consider selling it in 5 or ten years (keep the SBRs that I shoot). I know that a D Pres. and D Congress will probably pass a ban. But I don't want to jump on the fear bandwagon yet. Even if no ban is passed, would this be a good investment?
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 9:56:13 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 3:00:19 PM EDT
I wouldn't think of investing any money into guns right now. Just think, if Obama and company want to pass a law that mirrors Commiefornia's law, your 6933 will be worth nothing as it cannot be tranfered to anyone. Then again, looking at the market, I would almost say that it is a good investment as you will always have something tangible and an AR15 cannot go bankrupt leaving you with nothing.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:16:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/21/2008 5:17:30 PM EDT by tony_k]
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 9:38:18 AM EDT
I think buying any gun for an investment is a bad idea. We never know what the future holds for us. I typically don't buy any gun that i do not want as a shooter. There are too many unknowns when it comes to firearms.

That said, i own an le6933. It is a great gun. I bought it a couple years ago for 1299. Like Tony said, in today's market i could sell it for a profit because of the run on all black rifles. However, i like it too much to let it go. It isn't worth getting rid of for the extra couple hundred i could get for it today.

A few months ago I almost pulled cash out my 401k that was loosing money to buy 12 colt le6920's. But i chickened out. The reasons were because i knew it would be hard for me to let them go to actually make a profit, i also knew if i bought 12 guns and then later started to sell them i could get in trouble for selling without an ffl and lastly i was too concerned that O would ban transfers and i'd be stuck with them––-not that that would be a bad thing but i could never get my retirement money out of them. So, i just restructured my 401k.
Top Top