Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2011 3:10:29 PM EDT
I've never ordered from them before, are they legit and good to go? Or are they iffy and buyer beware? They have a great deal on an item I'm interested in.
Link Posted: 10/21/2011 3:13:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Call them first and make sure it's in stock.
Link Posted: 10/21/2011 3:15:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I ordered from them once and had zero issues

There have been a ton of nightmare stories out there though
Link Posted: 10/21/2011 3:16:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Iffy. Many people have had no problems with them, and many have had serious issues with them.

Personally, they are a no go from me. I ordered an Insight XTI Procyon light from them. They site had no indication as to whether or not it was in stock, once I ordered it, I received an email that said it was on backorder (after I had already placed my order). Long story short, several un-returned emails and MONTHS later, I got the light.
Link Posted: 10/21/2011 3:18:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I've placed dozens of orders with them.  Got some great prices.  Only once was something back ordered.
Link Posted: 10/21/2011 3:19:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Whatever.
Link Posted: 10/21/2011 3:28:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whatever.
Care to share?

Link Posted: 10/21/2011 3:31:31 PM EDT
[#7]
its a great place to go if you want to donate money (with no hope of receiving merchandise in return) to some foreigners. Ordered a couple of sets of boots and some other stuff, only recouped my money because USAA is amazing.

Caveat emptor
Link Posted: 10/21/2011 3:31:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Whatever.
Care to share?

The chick I dealt with always said their stuff was in stock. Whether it was or not.
Link Posted: 10/21/2011 3:34:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whatever.
Care to share?

The chick I dealt with always said their stuff was in stock. Whether it was or not.

Link Posted: 10/21/2011 4:22:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I've ordered many times with only issue being out of stock items
Link Posted: 10/21/2011 4:55:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Just ordered from them last week, I ordered some frog lube on saturday, got the package wednesday afternoon, and the shipping was free!!
Link Posted: 10/21/2011 6:01:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/21/2011 6:03:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Never an issue in nearly 7 years of frequent orders (about one a month), just scored a LMT rear sight last month for $60 on sale.
Link Posted: 10/21/2011 7:55:38 PM EDT
[#14]
i just got my first order from them and everything went smoothly, quick shipping.
Link Posted: 10/22/2011 2:49:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Been dealing with them for 9 years now.  Never had an issue.  Customer Service is a bit abrupt, but I always got what I ordered at a good price.
Link Posted: 10/22/2011 4:58:13 AM EDT
[#16]
I've ordered from them about 10 times over the last couple of years.  Never had an issue until this last order - some items were OOS and they held the order.  It was a bit of a hassle trying to the get the partial order shipped, but it happened.  You also have to be prepared to work around their Jewish holiday schedule.
Link Posted: 10/22/2011 8:01:04 AM EDT
[#17]
There are so many other places to order from.

I had one bad experience with a Geissele high-speed that I was told was in stock - it was not. Finally after almost two months of being put off, I cancelled. Mind you, they sat on my money the whole time, my debit card got hit as soon as I placed the order. I compare their service with places like WOA (who offers superior service) and give botach a pass.

Support vendors that go the extra effort for us.
Link Posted: 10/22/2011 6:39:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
my debit card got hit as soon as I placed the order.

Not meaning to dig on any person, but I'd reconsider using debit cards for ordering online. Credit cards usually let you dispute a bad experience and it has Visa, Master Card or Discover fighting for you... Using a debit card might only have your no-name, local bank advocating for you versus a major payment card issuer that can paralyze any vendor.

I've finally convinced my wife to use the credit card only after her debit card was one of thousands hacked from Michael's (the shitty craft store). Credit cards take a little more discipline, but reduce your personal exposure.

On topic, Botach has some customer service fiobles, but there's a balance of high value. As the saying goes, you can only pick two of three - Cheap, Fast or Quality. Govern yourself accordingly.

Link Posted: 10/22/2011 6:42:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Depends if you are a gambler or not.
Link Posted: 10/23/2011 9:38:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Do a GOOGLE search and you'll understand. I highly suggest you never order from those Dbags and yes I've been burned three times and that was their last strike.
Link Posted: 10/24/2011 2:28:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Botach is STILL hit or miss.
Link Posted: 10/24/2011 3:36:15 AM EDT
[#22]
I wouldn't ever give them business after they stole  ikickhippies sling plate design.  (He's an arfcommer who made a sling plate before Magpul, before Botach stole it, and before TAPCO copied it)
Link Posted: 10/24/2011 6:50:22 AM EDT
[#23]
They advertise free shipping on everything but that amount (usually more) is padded into the price of the products so I have always found whatever I was looking for somewhere else.  
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 7:53:49 PM EDT
[#24]
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=463443&page=2&highlight=BOTACH
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_109/907554_Do_I_order_from_Botach_tactical_or_not___Are_they_bogus_.html
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?190-credit-card-FRAUD-at-botach.com
http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/fraud-c71981.html
http://botach-tactical.pissedconsumer.com/
http://www.ripoffreport.com/directory/Botach-Tactical.aspx
http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27638
http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-414767.html
http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1352426&highlight=botach
http://failedmessiah.typepad.com/failed_messiahcom/2010/08/rabbi-shmuley-boteach-family-linked-to-illegal-arms-dealing-and-money-laundering-678.html
http://www.yelp.com/biz/botach-tactical-los-angeles
http://glocktalk.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-1337167.html
http://thesurvivalpodcast.com/forum/index.php?topic=29646.0
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 1:16:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I've never ordered from them before, are they legit and good to go? Or are they iffy and buyer beware? They have a great deal on an item I'm interested in.

Ive had good and bad.. Just order what they have on the front page only.

Everything else is questionable.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 4:47:30 AM EDT
[#26]
I have had to cancel a credit card because of them.  They kept charging my card once a month for the same thing even though it never shipped.  I had to call each time and threaten to bring legal action if they didn't stop and wound up canceling my card.  I don't care how good their prices are, I will never use them again.
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 1:32:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Well I'll add my .02$––ordered an ADM Recon mnt. earlier this week.Now most companies I deal with do not bill your CC till your order ships.They billed my card within minutes even before I got the EM that the mnt. I ordered was not in stock.Said I would hear within 48hrs when item would be in stock.Recieved EM the next day saying it would be 1-2 wks before they had it in.Then tried calling to find out if they had the ADM scout in stock.Never did get to speak to a human being,left a few messages.

Called the next day,no humans.Called again and just started pushing buttons,1,2,3,4.Finally a human picked up in shipping.Seemed to be somewhat of a language barrier.Yo no habla Espanol.Finally got across that I wanted to check stock on the Scout mnt. She say ees no my deparmen but I check and call joo bak.Yeah right.Well thats the last I heard from them.

We'll see what happens.

I ordered some stuff from Primary Arms a few weeks ago.placed order about noon,confirmed by 1:00.shipped with tracking# by 5:00pm.Recieved a couple days later.Now that's customer service.
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 5:59:34 PM EDT
[#28]
all my stuff was in stock. took awhile to get here but it was ups taking there time not botac.   ill use them till i have a bad experience. ive had bad dealings with places i trust.  i do understand that not everyone wants to wait for their gear to get to them. but for the discounted price and free shipping i dont mind the wait.   i know not everything is a deal there but can't complain yet.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 9:55:25 AM EDT
[#29]
ONLY if they have the item(s) in stock. IF NOT YOU COULD BE IN TROUBLE IF YOU HAVE PLACED THE ORDER ALREADY.

They could ship the item the same day that you order!

Of course with free shipping or tax free if you are in CA
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 2:45:16 PM EDT
[#30]
I had a bad experience with them.  I decided since prices were so cheap id give a last try.  Last 3 orders shipped day after they were placed.  They are  definitely a hit and miss.  If they have it in stock, you scored. If they dont, you just got F#$%@#
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 4:20:20 PM EDT
[#31]
They have some of the best prices if you are willing to wait and not need it now.  Maybe a few weeks down the road.  If I'm not in a rush I order with them.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 4:45:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Never really had an issue with them like others here claim .  They just don't know how to use a phone correctly.

Got a MSA MICH 2000 for $199.99 last month - that is kinda hard to beat......

Link Posted: 12/2/2011 6:12:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Well I'll add my .02$––ordered an ADM Recon mnt. earlier this week.Now most companies I deal with do not bill your CC till your order ships.They billed my card within minutes even before I got the EM that the mnt. I ordered was not in stock.Said I would hear within 48hrs when item would be in stock.Recieved EM the next day saying it would be 1-2 wks before they had it in.Then tried calling to find out if they had the ADM scout in stock.Never did get to speak to a human being,left a few messages.

Called the next day,no humans.Called again and just started pushing buttons,1,2,3,4.Finally a human picked up in shipping.Seemed to be somewhat of a language barrier.Yo no habla Espanol.Finally got across that I wanted to check stock on the Scout mnt. She say ees no my deparmen but I check and call joo bak.Yeah right.Well thats the last I heard from them.

We'll see what happens.

I ordered some stuff from Primary Arms a few weeks ago.placed order about noon,confirmed by 1:00.shipped with tracking# by 5:00pm.Recieved a couple days later.Now that's customer service.

Well,finally got tired of waiting.Emd them 3 days ago.Got a reply from soneone in CS that they would check with shipping dept. on order.Never heard back.Cancelled order.
I checked with Cheaper than dirt.Called CS to check stock and got a very nice lady after app. 2 min. wait.Confirmed stock.Will ship ToDAY!!!!!!!!
Price for same mnt.from CTD was app $10.00 more incl shipping.This is how a business should be run.
Link Posted: 12/2/2011 9:44:55 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Never really had an issue with them like others here claim .  They just don't know how to use a phone correctly.

Some military shops right outside of bases have those.  If everyone is in the market for one, ask.  I got a brand new one to clear with for $160.

Link Posted: 12/2/2011 12:43:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Just bought a bunch of stuff from them.......had it to my home in 4 days.......coupon code calguns will get you an additional 10% off order
Link Posted: 12/2/2011 12:54:15 PM EDT
[#36]
tag
Link Posted: 12/3/2011 4:09:06 AM EDT
[#37]
I've ordered stuff from them before with no problems.

However, I took advantage of Small Business Saturday with a $25.00 AMEX credit to order two M&P magazines and a Serpa CQC.

Last Thursday my order arrived.  I got one magazine and my Serpa.  Their shipping receipt said they sent two.  

I sent an email to their CS email address on Thursday, but no far no response.  I'll give them through Monday and try contacting them again.

For me, its not so much that an item was left out, but how Botach's CS will handle it.  I get the feeling an AMEX protest is going to be happening this month........
Link Posted: 12/3/2011 6:34:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

+1 I ordered a Aimpoint 3x mag for 350 and 2 weeks later they had them for 299 Overall I would buy from them again once you triple check they have the item in stock.
Link Posted: 12/3/2011 8:45:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Some military shops right outside of bases have those.  If everyone is in the market for one, ask.  I got a brand new one to clear with for $160.  

what size and is that shipped? :)
Link Posted: 12/3/2011 2:35:00 PM EDT
[#40]
i ordered two m&p mags from them. fought with them for two months. called mulitple times and never got to talk to a human.  no calls were returned, no emails were returned. i threatened legal action and magically my magazines showed up. no shipping notification, no tracking number.

isn't their storefront a pawn shop or something?

buyer beware.  call and check stock, but be prepared to fight for your money and/or merchandise.  for me the discount isn't worth the time and aggrivation.
Link Posted: 12/5/2011 5:38:39 PM EDT
[#41]
An update about my missing magazine from my last Botach order.

I received an email today from Botach Customer Service.  It had a tracking number in it for the missing magazine.  I had sent them an email regarding the missing magazine last Thursday, and they shipped out the magazine on Friday.  It was delivered today.

They made it right, without giving me any hassle or attitude.  Its not so much about a mistake they made, but about how they rectified it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top