Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2019 8:31:41 AM EDT
I haven't seen any one on discussing these thermals, so what's up with this crowd?  Why not interest?
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 3:55:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Hardly anyone has their hands on one.  I've seen at least one person whose opinion I respect say he likes it better than his Trail.  I think there just aren't enough out in the wild yet to have any consumer feedback.
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 4:57:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 8:55:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not sure if the Thermion XP50 has even been released yet. I check you tube everyday looking for videos and I think there is only one.

With all the Trail POI shifts I cant help but wonder if the Thermions will have the same problem.

Oh and apparently there is no audio in the now released Thermion XM line and I'm sure that's going to be the same for the XP's.

Pulsar did that same CRAP when they released the Trails too.
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 11:25:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pulsar did that same CRAP when they released the Trails too.
View Quote
Yet those Trails have great audio now.  Try that with a Flurrrr.

The POI shift issue was a non-issue.  One tenth of one percent of all scopes users had actual problems, and one hundred percent of those people were taken care of by the mothership.  A much bigger problem is someone shooting a 4" handwarmer and complaining that their group size sucks.  Hint: the problem is between the keyboard and the chair.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 12:02:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm waiting on the XM30.  Hopefully this fall.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 4:14:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 4:40:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
My XP50 has a pretty bad audio lag. Might be worse with the last firmware update? I've been meaning to ask if anyone else has noticed this?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 5:18:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
My XP50 has a pretty bad audio lag. Might be worse with the last firmware update? I've been meaning to ask if anyone else has noticed this?

Thanks.
View Quote
I'm guessing you're wirelessly transferring the files from the scope to your smartphone.  Try transferring them to a computer using the USB and see if the audio syncs.  I bet there will be a Streamvision update in the future to correct this.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 6:29:50 PM EDT
[#9]
That's correct. I have never hooked scope to a computer to download videos.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 8:44:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The POI shift issue was a non-issue.  One tenth of one percent of all scopes users had actual problems, and one hundred percent of those people were taken care of by the mothership.  A much bigger problem is someone shooting a 4" handwarmer and complaining that their group size sucks.  Hint: the problem is between the keyboard and the chair.
View Quote
The no audio (again) issue is to point out Pulsar is releasing product before it's ready. And you said great audio?! Seriously? It sounds muffled and thats because the mic is located inside a water tight housing to me that's understandable, but lets not get carried away and call it great audio.

There's pretty convincing evidence that the POI Pulsar shift is real. Here is a very current video of it happening with the xq50. I think this guy is in Europe or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC-gHgRAddk&t=464s

I own a Trail XP50 and I dont take a chance on my POI shifting by sighting it in every time I use it.

I still look forward to the Thermion XP50 though. I like the looks and all the bells and whistles Pulsar offers in their XP line thermals.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 9:33:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I own a Trail XP50 and I dont take a chance on my POI shifting by sighting it in every time I use it.
View Quote
Really?

I dont have have to do this with mine. Do you actually make an adjustment to your reticle each time you use yours?
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 10:09:24 PM EDT
[#12]
I do adjust it each time, but I always remove it from my rifle at the end of each hunt to download the videos.

It's always close though from where it was. I just cant accept the possible POI "may" shift and I miss my target. Thats why I sight in each time. Peace of mind I guess.
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 2:06:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I do adjust it each time, but I always remove it from my rifle at the end of each hunt to download the videos.

It's always close though from where it was. I just cant accept the possible POI "may" shift and I miss my target. Thats why I sight in each time. Peace of mind I guess.
View Quote
Was the adjustment enough that you would have missed?

Luckily mine doesn't shift. But I did have trouble with the mount not staying tight in the past. In fact, I've been using the 44 inch pound setting recommended by the mount manufacturer, and actually had that work loose recently.

I am just resolved to the fact that I will have to check the  torque setting from time to time.
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 9:56:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Looking at a Thermion XM30 or XM38 and wondering if anyone has an update on the POI issue?  I know the XMs haven't been in the wild long, but has anyone using them experienced POI shifts?
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 1:26:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Just got a XM38.couldn't wait any longer for the XM30 (Oct now I think) mounted on my Sig 308.still going thru the manual.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top