Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/6/2001 6:28:22 AM EDT
I wanted to know if anyone could tell me how to line up my A2 sights on the target. I going out to zero my iron sights in today and I am not sure how you line the sights up. I know how to do it with the pistols but the sights on the AR, are a little different than what I am use to.

i.e - with my glock I put the front sight b/w the rear sights and make sure the front sight is an equal distance b/w the rear and I like to have the front sight completly visible on top of the rear sight, like -->   |_|_| This would be dead on the center of the target.
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 6:40:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I`m not exactly sure what you are asking, but I think you want to know how to use aperature type sights.
It is also called a ghost ring rear sight.
It is very simple, you look through the rear sights small hole, you should have a flip up sight that allows you to have a larger aperature or a smaller one for more precise aiming.
As you look through tthe rear sight you will focus on the front sight blade and place the top of the blade on target. The rear should be fuzzy and isnt used like a pistol. You should not even notice the fuzzy ring, it is to place your eye in the same place as to use the front sight.
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 7:05:51 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks, that exactly what I wanted to know. What to do with that front post sight, where to align it on the target. I guess you have answered that thanks!
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 9:03:50 AM EDT
[#3]
You look thru the rear aperture at the front sight. You will see the middle 'post' and the left/right 'ears' of the front sight. Put the top of the middle post where you want the bullet to hit, thats all. You don't line up front / rear like you do with leaf sights....
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 10:58:47 AM EDT
[#4]

In the second picture (the correct sight picture) you will notice that the front sight post is placed just below the bullseye.  Placing the front sight just below or in the middle of the bullseye will work.  Whatever works for you.  I place the front sight post in the center of the bullseye.  Just remeber to concentrate on the tip of the font sight post not the bullseye.
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 11:13:25 AM EDT
[#5]
The illustration shows what they call the "6 o'clock hold -- holding the front site post just below the point to be shot.

The other type of hold is the "dead center hold" its when the top plane of the front post is centered on the target you are aiming at (centered and partially covering the bullseye.  Both are perfectly exceptable, depending on your training and opinion.
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 11:35:51 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

In the second picture (the correct sight picture) you will notice that the front sight post is placed just below the bullseye.  Placing the front sight just below or in the middle of the bullseye will work.  Whatever works for you.  I place the front sight post in the center of the bullseye.  Just remeber to concentrate on the tip of the font sight post not the bullseye.

Nice Diagram, Thanks a Bunch!!!
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 3:17:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top