Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2003 6:09:37 AM EDT
Who makes the best one?  I did a few web searches but I can't find the site of that place in Flordia that was posted here a few months ago.  Started with a 'V' I think.  Who else makes good ones?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 1:59:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Try John Norrell, he has great products, and is a great guy to boot!
www.johnnorrellarms.com
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 1:47:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Is Norrell still working?  I thought he retired - or maybe he just doesn't fix AR15 recievers any more and I imagined the rest?

Gemtech and AWC also make good suppressed barrels.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 6:38:57 PM EDT
[#3]
John is still working, though he did stop remarking M16s.  He still makes some pretty cool stuff.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 5:40:04 AM EDT
[#4]
LRM makes one  and he is probably that guy in Florida you heard about.  www.lrmfirearms.com/pages/866787/index.htm
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 3:54:38 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
LRM makes one  and he is probably that guy in Florida you heard about.  www.lrmfirearms.com/pages/866787/index.htm

That's it!  The 'V' I was thinking of was the name of the rifle.  Thanks!!
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 4:27:49 AM EDT
[#6]
LRM, AKA Lee Minor, is a member here (he's mostly in the full-auto forum on the AR15 board). He's a super nice guy and one of the best people with whom you could ever hope to do business.

I had him make up a VIDAR suppressor for me several months ago (transfer was approved in May). VERY quiet and accurate. This suppressor is unique in that it retains the same external dimensions and profile of the original 0.920" host barrel. Very stealthy.

Link Posted: 11/7/2003 6:51:47 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
LRM, AKA Lee Minor, is a member here (he's mostly in the full-auto forum on the AR15 board). He's a super nice guy and one of the best people with whom you could ever hope to do business.

I had him make up a VIDAR suppressor for me several months ago (transfer was approved in May). VERY quiet and accurate. This suppressor is unique in that it retains the same external dimensions and profile of the original 0.920" host barrel. Very stealthy.

members.cox.net/model99savage/1022.jpg

I have the same set of folding tables
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 7:01:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

members.cox.net/model99savage/1022.jpg

Cool.  So I guess it's deffinitely worth the money, then.  When I get some money together next year I'm probably going to get something...most likely that one.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 1:49:56 PM EDT
[#9]
ABout how loud is it, or should I say, how quiet is it? I have a co2 powered RWS Sig Sauer.... About that loud?
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 6:48:58 AM EDT
[#10]

ABout how loud is it, or should I say, how quiet is it? I have a co2 powered RWS Sig Sauer.... About that loud?

I've never shot the airgun you have, but the actual report is roughly as quiet, maybe a little more quiet. There's not as much action noise on one of these as with many airguns (particularly the pneumatic variety).
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 5:20:40 PM EDT
[#11]
BBQMAN

Let me know when your ready
I give AR15.com members a discount
and if you supply the gun its realy cheap

Jim_Dandy thanks for the PR
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top