Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2015 2:13:44 PM EDT
I fully understand why a 22lr integral rifle makes since (one stamp, more volume), but now that 22lr cans are so darn quiet is there any reason to pick up a 22lr integral pistol?  SRT makes a cool setup (the mil spec one seems like it would be cool) but is it worth it anymore?  I've got five 22lr muzzle cans and a Liberty Pinnacle 2 10/22 barrel on the way so I'm not 22lr can poor or anything.

What says the hive?
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 4:58:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I fully understand why a 22lr integral rifle makes since (one stamp, more volume), but now that 22lr cans are so darn quiet is there any reason to pick up a 22lr integral pistol?  SRT makes a cool setup (the mil spec one seems like it would be cool) but is it worth it anymore?  I've got five 22lr muzzle cans and a Liberty Pinnacle 2 10/22 barrel on the way so I'm not 22lr can poor or anything.

What says the hive?
View Quote

It is worth it. They are just cool. My AWC is not any quieter than my AAC Element. I enjoy the long sight radius. I have not chronograph-ed mine. I don't shoot it much because it isn't readily serviceable.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 5:18:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It is worth it. They are just cool. My AWC is not any quieter than my AAC Element. I enjoy the long sight radius. I have not chronograph-ed mine. I don't shoot it much because it isn't readily serviceable.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What says the hive?

I would have said the "cool factor" as well but a longer sight radius makes a lot of sense too.

I saw a ruger MK3 integral for $1600 today. Seems real steep. I would think there would be a market for $900 integral MK3s.
YMMV
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 5:34:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I would have said the "cool factor" as well but a longer sight radius makes a lot of sense too.

I saw a ruger MK3 integral for $1600 today. Seems real steep. I would think there would be a market for $900 integral MK3s.
YMMV
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What says the hive?

YMMV

Integral 22 pistols are the cats ass!   It doesn't get any cooler than that.

I was seriously shopping for one about four years ago.  I had a hard time stomaching the price compared to a thread on can and put it off.   Then I had an economic SHTF that will still take me some years to recover from and I never got one.   Doesn't stop me from lusting though.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 6:00:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I was seriously shopping for one about four years ago.  I had a hard time stomaching the price compared to a thread on can and put it off.   Then I had an economic SHTF that will still take me some years to recover from and I never got one.   Doesn't stop me from lusting though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What says the hive?

YMMV

One day, partner!
Seriously, sub $400 MK3 from buds and $1200 to convert it to an integral? Get outta town
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 6:31:00 PM EDT
[#5]
SRT is listing the conversion for their "normal" pistol at $725 for stainless and $755 for blued.  The "Mk3 mod 0" conversion is $995.  All of these require a host gun.  I'm thinking I'm going to do it.  SRT says their integrated cans are serviceable.  Anybody got one?
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 6:50:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
SRT is listing the conversion for their "normal" pistol at $725 for stainless and $755 for blued.  The "Mk3 mod 0" conversion is $995.  All of these require a host gun.  I'm thinking I'm going to do it.  SRT says their integrated cans are serviceable.  Anybody got one?
View Quote

I don't think that price includes Cerakote. Their website says that the baffles are fixed but the expansion chamber is accessible. If it is all stainless you could vinegar / peroxide dip the whole upper every 10000 rounds.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 7:45:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 8:14:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
SRT is listing the conversion for their "normal" pistol at $725 for stainless and $755 for blued.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
SRT is listing the conversion for their "normal" pistol at $725 for stainless and $755 for blued.  

This seems somewhat reasonable.

This is what I was referencing for $1600. No thank you
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 8:42:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Plenty of reasons to go intregal.  Sure, screw on cans are more pragmatic, but if you are looking for pragmatism buy a Glock 19 and a Colt 6920 and call it a day.

Integral .22s are the most fun you can have with your clothes on.  
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:25:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Elite Iron looks to be more serviceable.

http://eliteiron.com/elite-iron-suppressors-page6.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top