Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2005 12:01:46 AM EDT
I own both a JLD PTR 91 and a DSA STG58 FAL. I'm trying to decied if I should keep both. I'm deffinetly keeping the JLD because it is far more reliable then the FAL. I have never had a malfuntion after the break in with the JLD PTR but now at the 1000 round mark my FAL can't make it through a mag with out jaming and yes the gas is set right. I truly like the FAL and it is very cool but if I can't get it to run 100% should I keep it or sell it.  The FAL is more accurate then the PTR by a little but not much.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 12:05:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Why don't you use that DSA warranty and keep both your rifles?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 12:11:48 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I've had the DSA for over a year even though I only have 1,000 rounds through it. The warranty card was for 1 year. I'm not sure yet but I do like the FAL enough to keep trying to fix it. I just keep thinking I could trade it in for another JLD. Just short on cash and don't know what to do. To many other guns to buy!

A little off topic but which rifle is more durrable over all? Both feel very solid.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 12:25:43 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've had the DSA for over a year even though I only have 1,000 rounds through it. The warranty card was for 1 year. I'm not sure yet but I do like the FAL enough to keep trying to fix it. I just keep thinking I could trade it in for another JLD. Just short on cash and don't know what to do. To many other guns to buy!

A little off topic but which rifle is more durrable over all? Both feel very solid.

Well, all I can say is, I think you'll regret selling your FAL...........  

And the more durable rifle?  I'd say the one that doesn't have a sheet metal receiver.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:51:27 AM EDT
[#4]
never sell either.  you'll live to regret it.
Trust Me!

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:03:45 AM EDT
[#5]
You guys are right that I will probibly regret it! I'm going to get the dam FAL to run as it should even if I have to pay DSA! Thanks guys...that was easy!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:24:22 AM EDT
[#6]
SkagSig40,
Do you live in Denver?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:34:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
SkagSig40,
Do you live in Denver?

No, 50 miles north of Denver in Ft.Collins.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top