Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2007 5:03:09 AM EDT
Ok, so last night I was up late rearranging my belt and found that I need to gain lots of weight to do what I want to do. So I thought I would look here for suggestions.

I need to get my knife on the belt somewhere and I can't seem to figure out where.

here are the pics

left to right

(2) 9mm Pouches (HSGI)
(1) 5.56 3 mag pouch (TT)
(1) Utility Pouch (TT. holds gloves, fishing kit, fire kit, leatherman, para-cord, and etc.)
(1) First Aid pouch (Spec-ops)
HSGI Drop Holster (flashlight attached to outside of that)
Radio/GPS Pouch (TT)

Here are my thoughts, drop the GPS pouch and move the 5.56 mag pouch there and put the Gerber LMF where the 5.56 used to be. I could always attach the GPS to the suspenders...or I could move the GPS to the HSGI holster?? On the back I plan to put my Nalgene water bottle holder.

Thoughts anyone?
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 6:24:07 AM EDT
[#1]
move the tt 3mag pouch from behind the holster to the other side, place knife there
move aid kit to SoB
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 6:43:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Since your already running a drop leg HSGI holster why dont you run another drop leg rig on the left side. HSGI has a great drop leg E&E pouch that I usually run on my left side that balances out a P226 or P220 quite nice. If you dont want the E&E pouch you could run one of their 3 or 6 mag drop leg rigs. I have a 6 mag and its nice when loaded with 4 mags but gets heavy when loaded with 6 30 rounders. If you wanted you could also move your two spare pistol mags onto either one of those rigs.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 7:45:30 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
move the tt 3mag pouch from behind the holster to the other side, place knife there
move aid kit to SoB

So you are saying move the GPS holder and put the TT 3 Mag where the GPS holder was, then put the knife where the TT 3 Mag holder was? Correct?

What do you mean by SoB?

And thanks
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 8:01:35 AM EDT
[#4]
HSGI has their new smaller MOLLE drop leg out.  Might be good for that and won't be as big.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 8:02:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Sorry I did not respond to the other post's on adding another drop leg. I am not a fan of having a drop leg on both legs, This whole setup is just for chipmunk hunting, I don't want to go overboard
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 2:58:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Personally, I would ditch the HSGI holster in favor of a Safriland, and attach the knife directly to the shroud.

I see a lot of issues with your current set up. Spend some time training in that current configuration, and I think you'll have more answers than question.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 3:07:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I had a safariland setup before this, I like the modularity of this....I am looking for a balance between functionality and ease of use. I am not looking for the "Best HSLD" setup. Functional...but I do plan to take some classes in this coming year.

If you see some issues please share them though..
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 3:13:12 PM EDT
[#8]
ok, I thought I posted this earlier but I must not have...here are the changes

Left to right

(2) 9mm Pouches (HSGI)
(1) Canteen Pouch (TT) has 32oz Nalgene bottle

(1) Utility Pouch (TT. holds gloves, fishing kit, fire kit, leatherman, para-cord, and first aid kit etc.)
Gerber LMF
HSGI Drop Holster (flashlight & GPS attached to outside of that)
Radio/GPS Pouch (TT)

I like it now and most everything is easy to access

Thanks for everyone's input to cause me to rethink things
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 9:13:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Those changes you made definately helped in terms of organization. Things do look a bit cramped around your handgun though. But, if you have adequate clearance to draw and re-holster your handgun smoothly, that's all that matters. I assume you have tested it?

I like belt rigs. They are hard to beat IMHO.

BTW, what specific belt are you running there? And what color is it? That seems to go very well with the MultiCam. Just curious if it's coyote tan, khaki or what.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 5:52:04 AM EDT
[#10]
The belt is a Tactical Tailor Belt in Tan color, the tan color was recommenced to me by folks on this forum because it would blend well with Multicam.  HSGI makes a padded belt in Multicam but it's 20 duckets more and the tan works fine.

And yes getting the pistol in and out works just fine, I would like to find a lower profile knife though (fixed blade) to replace the Gerber LMF, I like the LMF but maybe something with a lower profile sheath...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top