Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2002 7:22:02 PM EDT
Well we ended up with some extra cash so the wife suggested that I pick up the Remington 700 Sendero in 300 win mag tomorrow.  To top it off she is letting me put a Loaded Springfield Armory 1911 Operator on layaway.  She must like me or something.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 7:53:31 PM EDT
[#1]
damn dude your a lucky man
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 9:30:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats on the new goodies! Isnt it great to have a woman like that. My wife sets me up (aka. tells me to get) all sorts of new toys. SAR1 for my birthday, SAR2 for our anniversary, a reloading setup for Christmas, the list goes on.

She even called me one day from work to say that a coworker told her of a local shop selling a "$950 HK of somesort." - and if I wanted it, to go "buy it" HUH? What a woman!

God Bless your little lady Schapman! I thank the stars above everyday for mine.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 9:32:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm trying to figure out how to get to this point in my marriage...maybe a "Honey-DO-ME-BABY" list would be the ticket!
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 10:09:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I guess it helps that I let her buy what she wants too.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 10:20:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Its all a trick. She will OWN YOUR ASS for the rest of your life...LOL...It's all nice and fun until you get your new babies home. Then it will begin. Don't say I didnt warn you. LOL
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 10:35:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Its all a trick. She will OWN YOUR ASS for the rest of your life...LOL...It's all nice and fun until you get your new babies home. Then it will begin. Don't say I didnt warn you. LOL

Thats the kicker, the new baby is home.  She wants me to find him a rifle too.  I think we've decided on the henry bolt action with fiber sites.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 5:39:46 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Well we ended up with some extra cash so the wife suggested that I pick up the Remington 700 Sendero in 300 win mag tomorrow.  To top it off she is letting me put a Loaded Springfield Armory 1911 Operator on layaway.  She must like me or something.

Congrats on the new rifle. Is it the stainless/fluted model? If it is, I had the same exact one a few years ago and that thing was a great shooter out of the box. When you combine the weight of the rifle, the scope, and the Harris 9"-12" bipod, my rifle weighed close to 10#. It's definately not a rifle I would want to carry for long distances, but for setting up on some long range big game animals, it's perfect. All that weight made for one steady rifle and recoil was less than my 12 guage.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 5:40:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Lucky bastards! LOL, every time I buy a new gun...I have to figure out how to pull  the 'ol "look what I found in the back of the safe" trick...or the, "OMG, I forgot I had this!". Does anyone know just how hard it is to FAKE dust on a rifle without fouling it??? LMAO. Worse yet, she's just my girlfriend!

Glad to hear some of you have a GREAT life!
<---tipping hat and a high five
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 6:02:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I been wantin a new motorcycle...and all the women in my life say the same thing: "NO"!!
Especially the one that counts, my wife.
So, I will just tell her it's either more rifles and knives, or a new motorcycle....that is when the time is right.....
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 6:08:17 PM EDT
[#10]
I went and got it today!!! www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=133257
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top