Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2002 8:05:39 AM EDT
Took the AR out this weekend, and decided I would try out this cool little trick I had discovered reading posts on ar15.com.

OMG ! It was so freakin' cool !

You can actually hear the rate of fire accelerating.

I am gonna have to buy a reloader now ! It'll be the only way I can afford it !

Thanks to all the ar15.com'ers for enlightening me......bump fire rules.

Link Posted: 1/14/2002 8:08:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I agree that bumping is fun, but it is pointless!

No aim, no control, yet very expensive.  

Yeah, it is cool to show to a friend, but making a habit out of it?  

I guess some people just don't have anything better to do with their $$$$.  (I'm jealous.)
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 8:39:00 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Took the AR out this weekend, and decided I would try out this cool little trick I had discovered reading posts on ar15.com.

OMG ! It was so freakin' cool !

You can actually hear the rate of fire accelerating.

I am gonna have to buy a reloader now ! It'll be the only way I can afford it !

Thanks to all the ar15.com'ers for enlightening me......bump fire rules.

YAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH, WOOOOOOraHHHHHHHHHHHHH.  Glad you had fun.  now go buy more ammo.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 8:42:03 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I guess some people just don't have anything better to do with their $$$$.  (I'm jealous.)

Oh... I have PLENTY of better things to do with my $$$$, but wasting ammo is an addiction !

Link Posted: 1/14/2002 10:11:15 AM EDT
[#4]
how does one bump fire?
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 10:15:28 AM EDT
[#5]
What he said
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 10:18:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Search and ye shall find --

There are many related threads.  Just search the last 3 months and take your pick.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 11:44:24 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Nah, impresses the chicks, dude!

No aim, no control,

I have a tree on my property that is a testament to 'aimed' bump fire.  You can aim.  Hip shooting can be controlled.  It takes practice, practice, practice.

yet very expensive.  

No argument from me about that...

Yeah, it is cool to show to a friend, but making a habit out of it?  

It's addicting...  bump fire into your local creek bank.  Aim for the water/mud boundary.  Life is good!

Besides, I have seen full auto miss just as badly as bump fired rounds.  And we all know what a true Full Auto M16 costs...

me too...

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 12:10:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Ummm, FYI full-auto is NOT controllable or accurate either. .223 has less recoil than most rifle rounds, but the fact is that full-auto is a desperate way for taking out one person or several people who are very close to the shooter. The M16 has a ROF of around 800 rpm, which means 13 rounds a second! In real combat, it's a human tendency to panic and shoot at someone full-auto until their mag dries, which is why the latest M16 now has a 3rd burst selector instead of full-auto. Also, the M4 has a full-auto selector, but this is because the M4 is designed for use in close encounters, where full auto may be needed.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 12:37:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Not entirely true.....

"Bumping" allowed me to identify two mags that were bad and not feeding right. The were jamming about every 7 or 8 rounds, but I tossed them aside and put in a good mag and bumped off 30 rounds without a hitch. There is definitely a point in that !!!
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 12:48:56 PM EDT
[#10]
223 -- Bad mag determined by bumping?  

If that mag is bad, please send it to me.  I'll gladly do you a favor and take it off of your hands.  
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 12:52:02 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

If that mag is bad, please send it to me.  I'll gladly do you a favor and take it off of your hands.  

More like "bad judgement determined by bumping."
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 1:39:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

More like "bad judgement determined by bumping."

Bad Judgement? Please explain.

It seems simple to me. At the same point in time, with the gun at the same temperature, same amount of dirt / fouling, using the same ammo, one mag feeds 30 rounds with no issues, and one mag FTF 4 different times. It's a bad mag! I had even put a new spring and follower in it, from the last time I tried to use it. The 2 bad mags were loose and wobbly, but my good mags lock into the receiver tightly.

BTW, bad mags anger me and they were punished.....

Link Posted: 1/14/2002 1:49:58 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm a dumbass, I can't get past a two round burst trying to do da bump.  

Please send video, and detailed instructions! :)

Link Posted: 1/14/2002 2:41:49 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I was having trouble at first, too. The instructions all seemed to say to hold your trigger finger still. That was screwing me up... I had to let my trigger finger rock back and forth. And you definitely do the most work with the foregrip. It takes a little practice, but you'll get it !

If not, I'm heading out to the AZ desert this weekend... I'll be glad to show how to do it !
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 3:01:41 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Dude, don't complain!  That is known as the "Two Round Tactical" bump.  You are a pro!

YOU send us a video!

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 4:26:32 PM EDT
[#16]
223-Buckaroo --

Did you think I was jesting when I asked for the mags?  I am not joking.  If you say they are bad, and you don't want them, I will be glad to send you $4 for shipping.  Heck, I'll even throw in an extra $1 for the hell of it.  How's that sound?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top