Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2010 7:36:35 PM EDT
a guy from church knew I had an Garand and just walked up to me one day and gave me all of his spent 30.06 brass, Federal, once fired that he placed all of them back in the original holders in the original boxes

he told me he didn't care what I did with it, just that he didn't want it anymore.
it is 260 rounds he shot while sighting in and hunting over several years
the thing is, I don't reload and don't see myself doing it, I just don't have the money, time or space to start reloading again.

I have another friend that lets me reload special loads for my AR some times but I just have so much Greek ammo for the Garand I will never use this.
I am going to take this to some gun guys I know that reloads and try and sell it.

Do you think .25 each is a fair price and should I tumble it or just leave them in the boxes?
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 7:42:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 7:56:20 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Well to be honest, more like 10 cents each is more reasonable.

But I'm no fan of FC rifle brass. The primer pockets become loose after 1 reload In my experience.

Good luck

ok, thanks for the info.

I was just looking at unfired new brass and it is pretty expensive.

I can live with that, I just need the closet space back.

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 11:54:37 PM EDT
[#3]
You could offer it on Pay It Forward! I bet someone would even pay your s&h  for such a deal.

ARFCOM Pay It Forward

Survival Forum Pay It Forward
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 5:18:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top