Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2004 7:40:56 PM EDT
Gun Scrubber in the aerosol can, can't remember who makes it and I don't feel like going and looking at the can
spray some on and rub with a paper towel. takes that thick nasty grease off in no time. then spray on some remington aerosol gun oil and it finishes off any residue and leaves a light coating of protection
did my yugo mauser's bayonet sheath and bayonet the other week, and a few M1 carbine mags tonight that were new in some sort of wax/grease paper
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:21:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I normally use BrakeCleaner, does this work better/worse/about the same
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:35:09 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Gun Scrubber in the aerosol can, can't remember who makes it and I don't feel like going and looking at the can
spray some on and rub with a paper towel. takes that thick nasty grease off in no time. then spray on some remington aerosol gun oil and it finishes off any residue and leaves a light coating of protection
did my yugo mauser's bayonet sheath and bayonet the other week, and a few M1 carbine mags tonight that were new in some sort of wax/grease paper

That stuff costs like $6 a can.
Go to the 99 cent store and buy some brake cleaner.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:49:27 AM EDT
[#3]
It is better than brake cleaner by far but it is much more expensive.

Have to be careful with it on wood and paint.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:32:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I've never tried brake cleaner so I can't compare them
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:38:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I've never tried brake cleaner so I can't compare them

I've used both. No difference. Well, that's not true. There's a $5 difference.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:40:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Mineral spirits work pretty well too. The fumes from brake cleaner prolly give ya drain bamage. Use in a "well ventilated area".
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:43:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Mineral spirits work pretty well too. The fumes from brake cleaner prolly give ya drain bamage. Use in a "well ventilated area".

I clean mine outside infront of the shed.  It could be worse, you could just use ether.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:24:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I use good old kerosene in my parts washer, cheap, and cuts right through the grease.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:17:00 PM EDT
[#9]
I used to clean that way, now I use boiling hot water on the metal parts. Just washes away.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:40:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Brake cleaner!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:02:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I used to clean that way, now I use boiling hot water on the metal parts. Just washes away.

Used in addition to brake cleaner is my method of choice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top