Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2015 12:44:39 AM EDT
I was at a motorcycle swap meet and made an insane impulse buy.  I was talking to the guy next to me, he was a retired gunners mate.  He had this box of tools he wanted to sell so I bought them for $40.  If you could tell me what I have I'd appreciate it.  He said the tools are for military weapons, many of which I have.  So, what are these tools and are they worth the $40 I paid?  

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 1:51:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 4:42:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Well worth what you paid.
In the center of the bottom tray the black handle tool that goes "S" shaped at the end is for removing and installing rebound springs in smith and wesson revolvers.
on the white paper the tool on the left is for staking 1911 front sights.
And in the right tray the black tool with the "Star shaped" end is for staking grip bushings in 1911's
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 4:48:50 AM EDT
[#3]
you did good op
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 6:26:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Superman does good.

You did well.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 9:37:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 12:25:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Give ya $60 for all of it.....JK, you did great on the price and the tools look to be in good to great condition. Check out Brownells gunsmith tool section. You will most likely see most of them there.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 3:47:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Give ya $60 for all of it.....JK, you did great on the price and the tools look to be in good to great condition. Check out Brownells gunsmith tool section. You will most likely see most of them there.
View Quote

I might take you up on that. .  I have some close up pictures but photo bucket is acting up.  I'll try later.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 8:12:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Some close ups.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top