Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2005 4:34:03 PM EDT
Anyone shooting one of these? Nice classic looking gun with a gold bead sight which I can see. Sight like a Browning take down [nice too].  The Speedmaster looks like a nice choice. Is it?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:51:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Had one years ago. I liked it
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:48:36 AM EDT
[#2]
have 2 nice shooter no trouble
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:08:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Found one a couple years ago at a gunshow, built in'69. It's a real fun shooter, much more substantial than a lot of .22s. Shooting shorts(holds 20) is a blast, just need to really clean afterwards or it will jam on LR. The ejection "deflector" takes some getting used to, but you could remove it if it was a dealbreaker.  2 thumbs up!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:18:55 PM EDT
[#4]
My uncle has one that is over 30 yrs old, and I have one that is 25 yrs old.  We have put untold thousands of rounds thru these two work horses.   I have never had a problem with them (and have neglected them badly).  Always work, and are quite accurate rifles (almost boring.....aim, fire, dead).

Doc
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:17:25 AM EDT
[#5]
bought 2 of those within the last month, the 552's.

both 1962

one regular length and one carbine. still trying to figure out the cryllic symbols, no reply from remington.

I use mine primarily with the shorts.... and it holds 23 of them, not 20.

be careful, they are addictive being at a perfect price point.

try to get a pre-1969 if you can, no serial numbers are more desireable when/if you sell it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top