Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2002 2:38:02 PM EDT
i have finally caught my breath & have taken my anti-drool meds, the excitement last night was so great that i had to be mildly sedated...., Dr. Jack Daniels was called in to perform the task.....

if any of you have ever experienced the absolute thrill of pulling a brand new AR-15 out of it's protective plastic bag & throwing it up to your shoulder & taking a sight on some distant object & the post falls right in the middle of the peep & both are dead on your object........

the rifle is a late model Colt pre-ban M-6551, it is beautiful...., just one draw back.., my wife says, "you ain't shootin my new gun..!! you have three others in there (safe) to shoot, just leave mine alone !!"

now i haffta find me some more AR-15 pre-bans..., ones that i can shoot !!
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 3:00:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm begining to think this is a disease.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 3:06:10 PM EDT
[#2]
if it is..., i hope no one discovers a vacine or cure........!!
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 3:07:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'm begining to think this is a disease.

It is INDEED a disease! Congrats on the new addition to the family!
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 3:40:08 PM EDT
[#4]
An excellent choice!  Good luck!

Moe
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 4:09:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Hopefully your new Colt pre-ban is an R6551.

And yes, I distinctly remember the joy of pulling a brand new Colt out of the box, removing it from the plastic bag, pulling the cardboard tube out of the bore, and throwing it up to my shoulder. I only wish that in my giddiness I had had enough presence of mind to save the box instead of discarding it. But this was back in 1990 when the notion of a possible national AW ban wasn't even registering on the radar. I had just purchased my first AR-15A2, a Colt R6550k, at Kesselring's in Mount Vernon, WA and headed straight to the sand pit with it. If only I had foreseen the events to unfold in the following years....
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 5:25:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Lucky you, CJ

Me? I just secured a Colt GC-serial #'d, NIB M4gery. This one's most definitely a(nother) keeper.

Another preban AR in my toy box. Lucky me
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 8:26:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Cool! You need to pick up more ARs.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 9:08:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
the rifle is a late model Colt pre-ban M-6551, it is beautiful...., just one draw back.., my wife says, "you ain't shootin my new gun..!! you have three others in there (safe) to shoot, just leave mine alone !!"

Life is bitch isn't and then you......
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 5:28:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Boomer,

yes, it's an "R"

M_B,
i envy you too...!! i thynk all i need is an extra $10,000 right now & i can fill a lot of holes in my quest to have one pre-ban in every config.......

AR-18,
i plan on doing just exactly that, i have a lead on 4 more NIB pre-bans, all i need is $4,200 & they are mine !!!!!!!

Warlord,
you got that right, when i bring my next NIB home, i am going to stop along the road & run a 30 rnd mag thru it b4 i show it to my lyttle darlin

BTW, i live in a very rural area so stopping by the road side & dumping 30 lyttle slugs in a dirt bank is not a problem.........

Link Posted: 5/14/2002 6:40:36 AM EDT
[#10]

Congradulations CactusJack, and may I say very good choice on getting a Colt instead of one of those other brands.

Mine is a Colt as well and I've had it about two months now.
I put green furniture on mine and a forward grip. Now you need to learn how to do the bump.
Enjoy it !

Mr. Roger and the AR15, cleaning area neighborhoods all over America !
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 1:53:26 PM EDT
[#11]
My pre-ban Colt 6551 is now a 14.5"-barrelled M4gery.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 1:58:44 PM EDT
[#12]
ilikelegs,
is that you in the photo ?? i've seen it some where.......??

what kind of scope is on that rifle ?

Link Posted: 5/14/2002 2:03:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 3:35:46 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
ilikelegs,
is that you in the photo ?? i've seen it some where.......??

what kind of scope is on that rifle ?

Its me, but not the face. The face is Mr. Rogers from Mr. Rogers Neighborhood.

Its a plain red dot scope. Nothing special.
It cost $40 at a gun show.

Link Posted: 5/14/2002 8:02:30 PM EDT
[#15]
fooled me !!

i knew i saw that face some where........
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top