Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2009 5:13:06 PM EDT
What's the best method to keep the laser etched T numbers when duracoating my upper? Should I just tape the grooves with numbers or is there another method?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:41:30 PM EDT
When I did my NXS, I removed the color from the markings between coats all except for the last coat. I used a q-tip with just a drop or two of MEK on it to remove the finish. The last coat was applied so lightly, it simply subdued the markings and area around them.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 11:48:36 AM EDT
i was reading your notes on MEK. I am looking to remove some krylon spray paint on an M4 upper/lower and buffer tube. have you seen any issues or problems on aluminum materials? i dont want to mess with the original black phosphate finish either.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 2:06:48 PM EDT
Originally Posted By rvasquez:
i was reading your notes on MEK. I am looking to remove some krylon spray paint on an M4 upper/lower and buffer tube. have you seen any issues or problems on aluminum materials? i dont want to mess with the original black phosphate finish either.

I wouldn't start with anything as potent as MEK. Carb or brake cleaner should do the trick or at least get the worst of the krylon off. I've even used Hoppe's #9 to get krylon off. That being said, the MEK did not do anything to the finish on my scope but I used it very sparingly.
Top Top