Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2006 9:44:17 AM EDT
NEVERMIND... I bought a take-down.

I'm stumped about this build.

I want a Marlin 1895, matte silver finish, with a Leupold 1.5-5x20, extended magazine tube, barrel flush with the tube, and a pistol grip stock.

My options are:

Buy an 1895XLR, have it cut down, have the tube extended, have it bead blasted.  I LOVE the stock on this one.

Buy an 1895GS (stainless guide gun), have the tube extended, have it bead blasted, find a new stock that doesn't look as good as the XLR stock.

Buy an 1895, have it refinished in matte hard chrome, bbl shortened, tube extended, stock isn't as nice but it's a pistol grip.

So what's the consensus?
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 3:48:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 4:31:47 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
i45.photobucket.com/albums/f93/DragonsBloodAxe/500-1.jpg

www.wildwestguns.com

That's close to what mine will look like when I'm done.

I've actually had a new development in the project... I found an 1895G with a take-down conversion so it will be even more bad asser than it would have been.

Now it'll look more like this when I'm done:
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 4:50:29 PM EDT
[#3]
The take down coversion.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 4:54:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The take down coversion.

Are you voting for it?

If so, it's too late... I already bought it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 4:56:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
i45.photobucket.com/albums/f93/DragonsBloodAxe/500-1.jpg

www.wildwestguns.com

I just looked that one up and damn... that's the 500SW rifle they just developed!!

I knew it was only a matter of time before someone released a rifle in 500SW.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top