Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
6/25/2018 7:04:05 PM
Posted: 5/10/2018 2:27:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/10/2018 2:28:28 PM EDT by Marcus99]
I bought a 184 series Mini 14 folder a few months back that came with a stainless B-Square mount that attaches to a threaded bolt cover side plate that itself replaces the factory plate. There are also two set screws that adjust vertically which I assume are present to adjust for overall snuggness and fit. In the mount is what appears to be a circa 1980's Leupold 1-4x. I initially opted to dial in the gun using iron sights which I've accomplished, however I'd now like to try the mount + scope. Before I expend time, effort and ammo dialing it in I'd like to know how consistent these mounts were? Will it maintain zero as a safe queen with occasional range outings? The design doesn't seem very sturdy or reliable.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 8:23:48 PM EDT
I have one made by who knows who since I picked it up at a gun show and I got it to stabilize with lock tite and lost of work. I never used it. If I ever decide to mount a scope, it will be a long eye relief mounted over the barrel on a rail. The scope mount you are talking about could possibly be made to be steady and dependable but I did not have confidence in it. Good luck and let us know how it works.

kwg
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 4:17:09 PM EDT
Check out GG&G Ruger Mini-14 Scope Mount . Way better then the B-Square Mount.

Originally Posted By Marcus99:
I bought a 184 series Mini 14 folder a few months back that came with a stainless B-Square mount that attaches to a threaded bolt cover side plate that itself replaces the factory plate. There are also two set screws that adjust vertically which I assume are present to adjust for overall snuggness and fit. In the mount is what appears to be a circa 1980's Leupold 1-4x. I initially opted to dial in the gun using iron sights which I've accomplished, however I'd now like to try the mount + scope. Before I expend time, effort and ammo dialing it in I'd like to know how consistent these mounts were? Will it maintain zero as a safe queen with occasional range outings? The design doesn't seem very sturdy or reliable.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 6:51:41 PM EDT
I decided not to waste my time and ammo dialing in an optic that doesn't seem like it will hold zero. So I removed it and restored the rifle to it's smooth original lines.
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 6:24:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/23/2018 6:38:29 PM EDT by raf]
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 6:29:31 PM EDT
I had one back in the eighties. Never had any problems with it.
Top Top