Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2001 3:15:37 PM EDT
Hi I bought a glock 27 last it came with 2 9 round and 2 13 round clips.  My question is are the 13 rounders legal.  the glocks serial number is BSW9XX.

Link Posted: 12/19/2001 3:18:29 PM EDT
[#1]
as long as they are not LEO mags, they are legal.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 3:19:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Do they say "LEO/Mil use only" on them anywhere?  No?  Then they're legal.  It doesn't matter when your weapon was made.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 3:19:26 PM EDT
[#3]
As long as the 13 rounders were made before the ban, they are legal.

If they are LEO mags made after the ban, they will say so.

If your question is I have 13 round mags which were made before the ban and a pistol they fit made after the ban, can they meet, the answer is HELL YES.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 3:20:40 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks for the help guys
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 3:29:01 PM EDT
[#5]
billyn,

What they said.  Check for LEO markings.  If there are none use them in anything they will fit.

Not to nitpick or anything, but I cringe whenever someone calls  a magazine a clip.  M1 garands use clips.  Glocks use magazines.

There may be exceptions, but if you have an autoloader handgun or rifle (like an AR15) the device holding the loaded rounds is likely a magazine.

Welcome aboard.

James
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top