Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2006 9:10:42 PM EDT
I have a few questions so here goes:

1. How and what do I need to do to get a Form 1 to build a SBR? Do I just buy a lower first to apply for one,then just use whatever tax stamp to order a SBR'd upper?

2. Where in the western part of PA can I buy a transerable Suppressor?(Good dealer, fair price, Quality .223 Suppressors) Do they have to be on a Form 3 in another state to have them immediately transferred to a dealer here, its has to be on the instate dealers possesion before transfer can begin to me right?How's this all work?

3. Finally this is all legal in PA correct? Oh and yes I wanto to do this on an AR.

Sorry if this is gone over before, I just wanted to try to get some info gathered for my particular state and scenario.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 1:30:09 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

1. How and what do I need to do to get a Form 1 to build a SBR? Do I just buy a lower first to apply for one,then just use whatever tax stamp to order a SBR'd upper?

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=14&t=178305

2. Where in the western part of PA can I buy a transerable Suppressor?(Good dealer, fair price, Quality .223 Suppressors)

A few dealers in PA.
www.subguns.com/c2c3/c3state.htm#Pennsylvania

Do they have to be on a Form 3 in another state to have them immediately transferred to a dealer here, its has to be on the instate dealers possesion before transfer can begin to me right?How's this all work?

A dealer or mfgr in another state can transfer it to a dealer in PA on a Form 3, and yes, it has to be in his possesion to begin the transfer to you

3. Finally this is all legal in PA correct? Oh and yes I wanto to do this on an AR.

Yep.
www.autoweapons.com/pagelinks/statelist.html

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 12:49:34 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

2. Where in the western part of PA can I buy a transerable Suppressor?(Good dealer, fair price, Quality .223 Suppressors) Do they have to be on a Form 3 in another state to have them immediately transferred to a dealer here, its has to be on the instate dealers possesion before transfer can begin to me right?How's this all work?

Sorry if this is gone over before, I just wanted to try to get some info gathered for my particular state and scenario.

Call the ATF-202-927-8330 for the forms and print cards, or get in contact with a class 3 dealer in PA--lots around-, the dealer should have paperwork also. Buy lower and do not assemble until paperwork is back--SBR, the suppressor must reach your state, with a dealer and it must be in their hands-literally, before transfer paperwork goes in to you. If you plan to get a suppressor do it now and let the dealer hold it until you are ready, dealer to dealer transfers also take time, and getting now in PA would save time...
Not sure of law in PA, check with a dealer..perhaps the one you will buy the suppressor from.

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:32:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Another question, do you have to stamp your name on the receiver? And for the serial number do you just use the one on the lower already or make your own?
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 7:53:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I had Steve at Tom Sawyer engrave my name,city and state on my lowers.
Ordered the fingerprint cards and citizenship papers from ATF online.
After the signoff, mailed the form 1s to DC and got them back yesterday  - 8 weeks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top