Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2005 6:22:25 PM EDT

I picked this up from a pawn shop earlier this week for 60 bux OTD...: ) ...  The action is very clean and hasn't seen many rounds, but has some pitting from rust on the receiver and bbl. No big deal, I plan on giving it a nice Norrell's refinish job and this Stock Set that is on sale for 30 bux (Thank's 4 the link Teknic ) .....

My intent is to make this a Home Defence Worthy shotgun, or close to it.

1) Which bbl should I put on it ??   20" smooth w/remchoke & iron sights perhaps ?? (Ebay special or similar, trying to keep it cheap)

2) Are the components available to install Ghost Sights ?? Would this be a better alternative than standard iron sights on a 20" slug bbl ? (not so cheap and what bbl would I need ?)

3) It came with a steel tube extention, it does not have a "clamp" @ the end to hold it to the bbl to make it sturdy. Where can I get one ?

What else am I missing that I should do/have ???

I thank you Gentlemen in advance  :) ...
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:49:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I prefer the 18 inch riot barrel

As for ghost rings brownells carries them as well as the magazine clamp.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:54:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Well if you are good with a hacksaw you could cut the barrel your self, then refinish it. Or you could take it to a smith to do it. If you do it yourself make sure to cut it a lil more then 18".  Tha is what I had done to my lil black bitch.   U got one hell of a deal on that shotty If you want to use the mag ex. with that gun just cut the barrel the lenght of the tupe on the gun like this.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:58:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I may have a clamp in my box of junk. If I do you can have it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:59:39 AM EDT
[#4]
If it was mine I'd just shorten the vent ribbed barrel even with the mag extension like M4-TUNA suggested.  Maybe a bit more, making sure the vent rib has one last support pillar before the end of the barrel.  Install a new bead (oversized or possibly tritium glow in the dark).  

Refinish the metal with Norrells, add a mag extension clamp for stability & be done with it.    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top