Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/13/2005 2:37:25 PM EDT
I'm looking to purchase a compact 22LR pistol and was almost sold on the Colt 22. I remember looking at that one at the gunshop and that it felt perfect. They seem pleantiful in the market and will hold value due to the Colt emblam...

I also remember looking at the compact Smith & Wesson 2213. It remember it was very slim and small. SW refers to this as a camping gun. I don't camp, but I will be teaching my 10yr old to start shooting pistols soon, and it's size may help the process.

HELP! Are either of these pistols a piece of crap? They both appear to be priced the same, but I have noted that market does not have many 2213's for sale. Please post comments to forum!
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:00:51 PM EDT
Why not a Browning Buckmark, if I may ask? They will be a much better balance for your son, IMO. They also offer a skinny barrel version that will be lighter for him as well.

If you're hellbent on either the Colt or S&W, I'd vote for the Colt due to the value holding better thru the years, IMO.

My .o2
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:48:57 PM EDT
i had a colt 22 for about 10 years( just traded it this summer. great/ accurate/reliable. only thing that sucks about it is that the mag catch design sucks for carrying in a holster in the field. minor bumps to the side and the mag pops out. i bought mine to carry for small game hunting, but when that happened it was just a plinking/ range gun from them on.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:29:35 AM EDT
I would go with the S&W. It is not the most accurate in that size but it is a great gun.
Top Top