Alright guys here is the deal...
After trying to find a USP Custom Sport I am only left with the standard USP (I don't want the expert). Here is why:
The Tactical (which the CS is based off of) has a threaded barrel and is not California legal.
The CS is not approved for sale in California and I can't get a CS legally into the state.
NOW THE QUESTIONS:
1) Can and will a HK approved gunsmith install the adjustable trigger and the o-ring barrel??
2) Does anyone know of an HK approved gunsmith in California??
I will probably put a deposit on a USP (with night sights) on Friday. Would like to know what accurizing improvements I can have installed.
3) Didn't someone post a link at one time of aftermarket USP barrels with the o-ring provision??
The USP Custom Sport is a creation of my old FFL/C3 Chad of Cals Sporting Armory www.calssportingarmory.com.
To my knowledge, he is the only one that sells these guns that he tinkers with (he is a HK Armorer). So it would not be on any CA list, since it is not the product of the manufacturer, but a gunsmith. I believe HK markets a Custom Sport, but it does not import one to the US.
1) Yes, see above, Chad does trigger work. The bbl is a drop in job that you can do yourself.
2) Don't know, but Larry Wolff www.lesales.com is a good man to ask.
3) www.ccfa.com Larry there makes a o-ring bbl for the USPF, USPC and the tactical that is not threaded, so it is legal for Kali.