Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2002 6:29:06 PM EDT
Alright guys here is the deal...

After trying to find a USP Custom Sport I am only left with the standard USP (I don't want the expert). Here is why:

The Tactical (which the CS is based off of) has a threaded barrel and is not California legal.

The CS is not approved for sale in California and I can't get a CS legally into the state.

NOW THE QUESTIONS:

1) Can and will a HK approved gunsmith install the adjustable trigger and the o-ring barrel??

2) Does anyone know of an HK approved gunsmith in California??

I will probably put a deposit on a USP (with night sights) on Friday. Would like to know what accurizing improvements I can have installed.

3) Didn't someone post a link at one time of aftermarket USP barrels with the o-ring provision??

Link Posted: 2/11/2002 7:12:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Jarvis Custom has o-ring bbls
www.jarvis-custom.com/whatsnew.htm

CCF  (Capitol City Firearms) (buy or have the mod done (o-ring)

www.ccfa.com/oring.htm
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 7:20:26 PM EDT
[#2]
The USP Custom Sport is a creation of my old FFL/C3 Chad of Cals Sporting Armory www.calssportingarmory.com.

To my knowledge, he is the only one that sells these guns that he tinkers with (he is a HK Armorer).  So it would not be on any CA list, since it is not the product of the manufacturer, but a gunsmith.  I believe HK markets a Custom Sport, but it does not import one to the US.

1)  Yes, see above, Chad does trigger work.  The bbl is a drop in job that you can do yourself.

2)  Don't know, but Larry Wolff www.lesales.com is a good man to ask.

3)  www.ccfa.com Larry there makes a o-ring bbl for the USPF, USPC and the tactical that is not threaded, so it is legal for Kali.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 9:24:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Just in case you get curious:
www.streetpro.com/usp/detail/more.html

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top