Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/11/2002 6:29:06 PM EDT
Alright guys here is the deal...

After trying to find a USP Custom Sport I am only left with the standard USP (I don't want the expert). Here is why:

The Tactical (which the CS is based off of) has a threaded barrel and is not California legal.

The CS is not approved for sale in California and I can't get a CS legally into the state.

NOW THE QUESTIONS:

1) Can and will a HK approved gunsmith install the adjustable trigger and the o-ring barrel??

2) Does anyone know of an HK approved gunsmith in California??

I will probably put a deposit on a USP (with night sights) on Friday. Would like to know what accurizing improvements I can have installed.

3) Didn't someone post a link at one time of aftermarket USP barrels with the o-ring provision??

Link Posted: 2/11/2002 7:12:34 PM EDT
Jarvis Custom has o-ring bbls
www.jarvis-custom.com/whatsnew.htm

CCF (Capitol City Firearms) (buy or have the mod done (o-ring)

www.ccfa.com/oring.htm
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 7:20:26 PM EDT
The USP Custom Sport is a creation of my old FFL/C3 Chad of Cals Sporting Armory www.calssportingarmory.com.

To my knowledge, he is the only one that sells these guns that he tinkers with (he is a HK Armorer). So it would not be on any CA list, since it is not the product of the manufacturer, but a gunsmith. I believe HK markets a Custom Sport, but it does not import one to the US.

1) Yes, see above, Chad does trigger work. The bbl is a drop in job that you can do yourself.

2) Don't know, but Larry Wolff www.lesales.com is a good man to ask.

3) www.ccfa.com Larry there makes a o-ring bbl for the USPF, USPC and the tactical that is not threaded, so it is legal for Kali.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 9:24:59 PM EDT
Just in case you get curious:
www.streetpro.com/usp/detail/more.html

Top Top