Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2002 1:33:29 AM EDT
i have an early interarms aug. it has had 5 light primer strikes out of approx. 700 rounds fired. 3 from pmc std. power, 1 from s.a. gazelle std. power, and one factory reload, std. power. none of the mil. spec ammo fired has malfunctioned. (500 s.a. battlepack). i am posting here because i know that there are a few of you folks out there that know augs very well. steyr aug and 1feral1 come to mind . any suggestions would be appreciated.
regards,   willy
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 2:35:18 AM EDT
[#1]
HI freewilly,

I'm also the happy owner of an AUG although they are easier and cheapier to obtain here in Europe.

Your problem sounds to me like your hammerspring is too weak, you could try a new spring or even a new triggerpack. I recently bought a new one myself and the hammerspring is much stiffer than the one in the pack I have been using for the past 4 years now.

[speculation mode]You can also check your firingpin to see if maybe the tip broke off.[/speculation mode]

Anyway, I never had the problem you describe with my AUG but I guess yours is 13 years old or even more.

You can also post this question on Steyr-AUG.com

Cheers,
RG.nl
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 10:28:43 AM EDT
[#2]
HI Bollocks!  Thank you sir for the help. i believe you are correct about the hammer spring. i just field stripped the bolt and all was in order. the rifle was one of the first in country, and never fired when i bought it. the hammer was cocked when i recieved it and i believe that the hammer may well have been cocked all these years! i will try a new trigger pack, and thanks again!
regards,  free willy
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 11:17:44 AM EDT
[#3]
You really should get rid of that unreliable gun you have.  Give me the AUG and $500, and I'll send you my Chinese pre-ban AK-47!!  Shoots EVERY TIME!!
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 1:27:45 PM EDT
[#4]
howdy AFARR. thanks for the kind offer, but i allready have a couple pre-ban aks. i would consider it but--but--but-- i LOVE my little Aug. she fits me perfect and for the most part has been kind to me, like making me look like a better shooter than i am! while the ak is the john deere of assault rifles, the aug must be the ferrari?  
free (breaking out more ammo) willy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top